Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello everone! 2011 eclass buetec service help..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetec
hello everone! 2011 eclass buetec service help..

i have a 2011 e class bluetec that i need to do a 40k service on... is there anything special, or special tools needed to do the service? fuel filter, oil change, DEF fluid (never done this before), etc... i am very familiar with auto repairs (professional tech) just not so much with bluetec MB's..

Thanks for your help.. Is there a DIY section on this forum or a guide?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Don't forget to flush, drain and fill the transmission. This is a "must do" service on these cars.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:01 PM

bluetec
Originally Posted by ImInPA
Don't forget to flush, drain and fill the transmission. This is a "must do" service on these cars.
are you familiar with the procedure on that car? do i need any special tools to fill it?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
The fuel filter is located in the "V" of the engine. Remove the plastic engine cover and you'll see it. Remove the black plastic air intake crossover tube to gain access to the fuel filter. MB now uses simple clip type clamps for the fuel ones. They can be reused or replaced with conventional worm type clamps. When swapping over the black plastic water sensor from the old to the new filter be sure to replace the two orings to avoid fuel leaks.

The air filters are replaced by removing the two black plastic cases from the engine, separating them and replacing the filter elements, and reinstalling. A bit of work but not difficult.

Oil change is as with any other MB. AN MB 229.51 compliant oil is absolutely required. The most common available in the US is mobil1 5w-40 formula m esp. Make sure to seat the big oring for the filter cap in the groove a few mm below the lip - it's not completely intuitive where it goes.

Transmission is filled from the bottom of the pan, there is no dipstick or tube. Try searching google for MB 722.9 fluid change. There is a nice documentisted on one of the MB forums. Again, the correct MB compliant transmission fluid is required.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 PM

E-320 Bluetec
I do my own oil changes, and if you have an oil extractor it really simplifies the process. You'll also do well to buy an oil filter "socket" to remove the oil filter housing. I have kept my cliklock clamps and bought a special pair of pliers to remove and reinstall those clamps on the fuel filter. The air boxes take a little practice, but not too big a deal after you've done it a time or two. Don't forget to replace the cabin air filter, it's really easy and gets very dirty. Go to oilchangekits.com and they'll fix you up. They have the right oils and filters, and great service.

Last edited by dtrentr; 11-20-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by jerseykat1
are you familiar with the procedure on that car? do i need any special tools to fill it?

The 722.9 Transmission in your car does not have a fill tube -- the new fluid must be pumped into the tranny via the drain hole. Need a pump designed for that purpose. You might be better off biting the bullet and have the dealer do the tranny.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Should be changing that fuel filter every 25000.
Brake fluid needs changed every 2 years.

Now about the only thing left is differential and power steering fluid changes.

Radiator coolant is changed every 147,000 miles or 15 years, which comes first.

Cheers