Sponsored by:

dash display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
dash display

Our 2011 350 Blutec occasionally indicates on the dash that the parking brake is activated (and we never use the parking brake). It's simple enough to pull the parking brake release lever and the indicator light goes out.

Today when my wife got home I smelled what I thought was either an engine belt that was slipping or the parking brake rubbing. I tried driving the car a short distance and couldn't duplicate the condition, however, I did notice that when I put the transmission in drive a "P" showed up on the dash display, just under the temperature. It only showed up with the transmission in drive, and only stayed up to about 20 MPH, at which time it disappeared. But when I slowed down to 20 MPH it came back. I searched the owners manual but couldn't find any mention of it. Can anyone give me an idea what it indicates and if it's a problem or not ?
Attached Thumbnails dash display-mercedes-dash.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E250 BT Palladium Silver
As my E250BT is on order so I don't have actual knowledge, it sounds like your system is telling you where you can parallel park. As you slow down, the car looks for parking opportunities and displays the P on the dash. Your vehicle must have park assist.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
Actually Dean I don't have Park Assist, and the Park Assist indication shown in my owners manual is in a different location on the dash display. But thanks for the suggestion, and congratulations on your new car.