Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLS 350 CDI BlueEfficiency Import to US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E320 CDI
CLS 350 CDI BlueEfficiency Import to US?

Does anyone know anything about importing a CDI model from Germany/anywhere else in Europe? I know CDIs are generally harder to import because of diesel emissions, but if it has the BlueEfficiency (BlueTEC) technology would that be okay?
Any information would be helpful as I don't know the first thing about importing a car but I am definitely interested in importing this model sometime around the end of the year.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E320 CDI (GONE), 14 Jeep GC EcoDiesel, 01 Disco II (GONE), 09 BMW X3 3.0 Si Xdrive
Originally Posted by jxzheng
Does anyone know anything about importing a CDI model from Germany/anywhere else in Europe? I know CDIs are generally harder to import because of diesel emissions, but if it has the BlueEfficiency (BlueTEC) technology would that be okay?
Any information would be helpful as I don't know the first thing about importing a car but I am definitely interested in importing this model sometime around the end of the year.
It is based on E class and it will have BlueTEC equipment because it has big engine which has to meet Euro5. Service wise any dealer should be able to service it, only concern I have is the StarDiagnostic software (not sure if it's region locked). Because of 25 year ban you are looking to spend 20-25 000$ (at least that what I heart) to get it certified and registered. May be is better if you buy CLS and E class diesel and swap the drive-tran, and you can sell the E with gas engine?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
I thought you had to wait until a car was 25 years old to import to the states now? I thought that was the rule change in the early 90s that killed the grey market.