Sponsored by:

Bought my first MB ; 2008 E320 Bluetec & loving it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E320 Bluetec
Bought my first MB ; 2008 E320 Bluetec & loving it

Just bought my long waited E320 Bluetec (this happened to be 2008) to replace my most trusted Toyota Camry with 320K miles (still going strong though!!) to do my daily run of 150 miles to my work.

The Bluetec is in excellent condition with 116K miles with one owner and all service records. It drives extremely smooth and I started enjoying the ride everyday with about 36mpg on highway miles at 70mph.

When I was going thru the service records before I bought car and I noticed the last major repair done on the car two month ago (owner has spent about $5K!!) was replacing some sensors and cleaning the carbon build up. I thought now that they have taken care of that repair it should be good for another 100K miles at least (3 year driving for me). Was that a fair assumption? I have attached the pages of that major repair for anyone to have a look at and tell me what to expect next with this car. I love the car and glad I am owning it.

Previous owner has been using Mobil Synthetic oil and changing oil at every 10K miles and wondering whether I should do it every 5K miles (did with Camry) since I drive 30K miles a year. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your input....
Attached Thumbnails Bought my first MB ; 2008 E320 Bluetec & loving it-repair1.jpg   Bought my first MB ; 2008 E320 Bluetec & loving it-repair2.jpg   Bought my first MB ; 2008 E320 Bluetec & loving it-repair3.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB E320 BlueTec. 2011 Porsche Boxster 987. 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport MT, 1995 BMW K75 motorcycle
Congratulations on your new purchase and be glad you didn't have to pay the $5K that the previous owner coughed up. I had a similar solenoid problem which set me back $2K.
As for the oil change, I would just stay with the 10K mile intervals that MB recommends. Just make very sure you use the required Mobil 1 ESP, Formula M, 229.51 5W40 oil, or a similar brand as long as it has the 229.51 designation. I hear through the grapevine that MB now recommends the same oil but 5W30. I am not sure about this but I will continue using 5W40. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E320 Bluetec
Hi Schnefffahrer,

Many thanks for you input. I really appreciated it. I surely will make sure about the specific Mobil oil. The one and only disappointment with this car is it's navigation which is a below ave system. I noticed in the forum that everyone has the same rating and I cannot even input a house number. Instead it takes only ranges!! Couldn't believe!! Anyways...many thanks again and have a great day...

Gamini