Sponsored by:

Battery draw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
Battery draw

.Can anyone tell me what the battery draw should be on a 2011 E 350 Blutec when the ignition is off? I know that there are features that always require power, but I don't know how much.

We have two cars and a pick up (and 3 motorcycles) for just my wife and I, so the Mercedes will sometimes sit in the garage for a week or so without use, and so far I've found the battery has gone flat twice when the car had sat for about a week. I checked the current draw with the ignition off and it's between 1/2 and 3/4 amps. With an 80 AH battery that would explain the flat battery when they car sits idle for a week. However, 1/2 to 3/4 amps sounds like a pretty high draw.

I talked with a MB service rep and he couldn't tell me what the draw should be and I'd like to get an idea before taking the care to MB to have them look at it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Stan
Old 04-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 316 Likes on 265 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
It is not steady. Different things go to sleep and wake up at different times.

Make sure all the doors and hatch are closing properly as I have heard these can cause some modules not to properly go to sleep.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Your battery should not go dead in a week heck even two or three something is staying on when it shouldn't or your battery is weak.
As N_Jay said check draw with everything closed up like you would if you were to leave it for a week. Make sure you wait a little while after closing everything up and if you have key less go keep the key away from the car.

You may want to post in the w212 section as well as most people don't check out the Diesel section.