Sponsored by:

Clean Fuel Filter Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 2007
Clean Fuel Filter Warning

We own a 2007 E320 Bluetec and have joined the forum for some advice!! Have owned the car since 2008 and it now has about 131,000 miles. For the last 6 months, the clean fuel filter message had been flashing intermittently. We have changed the filter 3 times, using the correct filter and reinstalling the water sensor in the new filter each time, but still get the message. It's now coming on frequently and we just changed the filter.

Could it be a faulty fuel water sensor? Could it be indicating a problem elsewhere? Does this message have any other applications, i.e. could it be indicating a problem with the fuel pump filter?

(We have a Mercedes engine on our boat that has a water separator/filter system and never a problem, but we can't seem to figure this one out).

The engine seems to be running fine, but our mpg has dropped to about 30 mpg.

Not sure where to post this question, so I thought I'd start here and you can tell me where to "go"!! Glad to be aboard and hoping someone can point us the right way!

Thanks!!
Nancy

Read more: https://mbworld.org/forums/new-membe...#ixzz3dQjFYnUb
Old 06-20-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
Do you use bio diesel at all? Some blends do set off the water sensor at times.

I would suggest you drain about a quart/1Litre of fuel into a clean clear plastic or glass container and leave it overnight to see what settles in the bottom or if it has contaminants in it. If it looks good then I would change the filter again and cut the old filter open to see if it's dirty (they usually go black inside). If you still don't find anything then you may have a faulty sensor, I don't think they are too expensive to replace.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 2007
Originally Posted by Ausmbtech
Do you use bio diesel at all? Some blends do set off the water sensor at times.

I would suggest you drain about a quart/1Litre of fuel into a clean clear plastic or glass container and leave it overnight to see what settles in the bottom or if it has contaminants in it. If it looks good then I would change the filter again and cut the old filter open to see if it's dirty (they usually go black inside). If you still don't find anything then you may have a faulty sensor, I don't think they are too expensive to replace.
We don't use biodiesel. Will try your suggestion. Thank you.