Sponsored by:

ML 270 cdi water pump gasket...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML 270cdi
ML 270 cdi water pump gasket...

Info please ...I have now received my new ML 270 cdi water pump with two gaskets a metal and a rubber one ...

Question do you use both gaskets or maybe just the metal one ??

The rubber gasket looks like it is meant for a model that has grooved recess to take gasket my 270cdi has flush surfaces on block and pump...

I will use gasket seal on both surfaces of metal gasket ??

Torque values for both size bolts please anyone ?? 4x large 5x small

Cheers
Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Is this an MB part or an **** Lou knock off!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:18 AM

2000 ML 270cdi
Well I fitted a new water-pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, radiator, power steering oil ...for those that have followed torque values for waterpump got them from MB service centre 5x smallbolts 14nm, 4x large 20nm, Idler pulley 35nm...used a blue gasket maker/sealer with flat metal gasket...all fitted in place really easy ...quickly worked out fit all hoses before radiator back in place ...way more room to push and pull..

Still waiting for new fuel line #249 from rail to pressure pump after having to removing all injector fuel feeds ...

Bleed P/S swinging lock to lock 10 times many bubbles but only took 500ml so presume radiator cooling line may fill once pump back working ...told it holds 800mls

A not too hard an exercise to do ...only downer was the grease ..even wearing surgery gloves still gets everywhere...I had degreased and pressure washed engine from above and below first but still nooks and cranies that hold dirty oil and grime ...
Fingercrossed I can pump all the air locks out of fuel line so will leave trickle charge on battery overnite to give the best fire up tomorrow...cheers
Old 01-17-2017, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Hope all goes well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 AM

2000 ML 270cdi
Fuel line finally arrived fitted now to get air bled from fuel lines cranked over maybe 10 times and flatened ML battery then flatened slave boat battery...so jumper leads to another 4x4 ...ML finally started...sounds way more power...

Power steering took a top up as suspected 800mls total in ...

ML's temp slowly got to 87degs ...no electric fan came on as before so maybe not needed...took a 5km drive and after a fast run of 140kmp temp gauge never moved ..fan came on and turned off again as I slowed down over 3 kms ...so thermostat maybe was not opening fully before ...cause of original overheat...

then I noticed a drip drip drip of water over 1 minute appearing on cross member under transmission appears to be coming from above starter motor somewhere under 5th cylinder...its not from header tank maybe heat exchanger under manifold close to fire wall ...but no actual signs of water running down anywhere ...very hard to get a light anywhere close ..going to try once dark with good light...

Any one had a leak of water from rear of engine ...not sure if there is frost plugs or is there something else directly above bell housing area ??? that carries water ??

Otherwise ML is a lot more responsive and heaps more power, acceleration is much improved for sure ...

Cheers
Old 01-18-2017, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Make sure it is not from A/C. Is it clear or blue?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:12 AM

2000 ML 270cdi
Thanks Carsy...no not a/c has I have not re-charged yet or turned it on I'm picking that would do damage to compressor...?

the drips are oily water from under manifold back from 3 cylinder to five the whole area is filthy oily mess...

I just checked in the dark with torch no sign of anything obvious just oily water 3 dropps sitting on cross member...

found a forum thread on ERG cooler #77 connects to block gasket #95 after 5th cylinder it has water and exhaust gas but no moisturer under connections to block..so not leaking

I have sometime ago installed the mod to cancel ERG but not checked or removed flaps or cleaned manifold yet ...however ERG is absolutely clean as not working now next job maybe...

header reservoir has dropped down just below cold level by 2 mm so will check tomorrow morning and top up when cold ...