E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How do you remove/replace Grill??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do you remove/replace Grill??

I have e350 coupe, and i want to remove the stock grill and replace it with after market grill.
But i have no clue to remove the GRILL!!!!!....

PLEASE
can someone help me out.????

I bought a grill for coupe, so it has top parts for hood install.

HELP !!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350 coupe
I ordered myself a grill as well but i will go to the mercedes dealer to change it.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM

E550 Coupe
It's not terribly difficult but it pays to take your time and be very careful. My vehicle is out getting detailed but I can probably post some pictures later in the week.

Both sections are primarily held on by friction tabs. The top section has three plastic expansion pins that need to be removed first. Then there are retainer clips that have to be released (one on each side) before the section can be slid to the rear and removed.

The bottom section requires you to remove the air scoop that the intake ducts are attached to. This has two clips on the rear left and right corners and a quarter turn fastener on the front nose.

Once the air scoop is removed, there is a plastic bracket that is bolted to the radiator bracket. Once the bolt is removed, start at one corner of the lower gill section and apply gentle but firm pressure forward around the edges of the grill where it joins the bumper. BE VERY CAREFUL!

Installation is the reverse of this process. I installed the 55Tech grill and the bottom section when back in very easily though I did have to re-use the black support bracket (you might need to take the emblem out of your current grill to remove the bracket or you can just buy a spare bracket from MB).

The top section required modification to the pre-installed gasket for it to fit properly.

All in all it took me about 90 minutes.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Baldy56
It's not terribly difficult but it pays to take your time and be very careful. My vehicle is out getting detailed but I can probably post some pictures later in the week.

Both sections are primarily held on by friction tabs. The top section has three plastic expansion pins that need to be removed first. Then there are retainer clips that have to be released (one on each side) before the section can be slid to the rear and removed.

The bottom section requires you to remove the air scoop that the intake ducts are attached to. This has two clips on the rear left and right corners and a quarter turn fastener on the front nose.

Once the air scoop is removed, there is a plastic bracket that is bolted to the radiator bracket. Once the bolt is removed, start at one corner of the lower gill section and apply gentle but firm pressure forward around the edges of the grill where it joins the bumper. BE VERY CAREFUL!

Installation is the reverse of this process. I installed the 55Tech grill and the bottom section when back in very easily though I did have to re-use the black support bracket (you might need to take the emblem out of your current grill to remove the bracket or you can just buy a spare bracket from MB).

The top section required modification to the pre-installed gasket for it to fit properly.

All in all it took me about 90 minutes.

Thank you ..
Can you post some pix too? ...
I tried to remove air scoop.. but..
should i just to go local body shop??
Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 PM

E550 Coupe
If you can't remove the air scoop I recommend you either take it to the Dealer or to a body shop you trust. The scoop is the easiest part!

I'll try to post some pictures later this week after I get the vehicle back from the detailer.

Good luck
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
Baldy56 has nailed it, exactly what I did, didn't take as long as I thought and it looks very good, I got the 55tech grill today and it came with a new star badge fits like a glove no modifications needed to the felt area surrounding the grill at all.

from this..

How do you remove/replace Grill??-sam_1487s.jpg

to this..

How do you remove/replace Grill??-e350d6grill-blk04-1.jpg

How do you remove/replace Grill??-e350d6grill-blk05-1.jpg

How do you remove/replace Grill??-e350d6grill-blk06-1.jpg
Old 04-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
Baldy56 has nailed it, exactly what I did, didn't take as long as I thought and it looks very good, I got the 55tech grill today and it came with a new star badge fits like a glove no modifications needed to the felt area surrounding the grill at all.

from this..

to this..

That is the exact same grill i bought.
... I leased mine so i need to put the stock one back before i return it.. which is like 2 years later.
sigh~... may i should go to body shop ~_~..
how much would it cost?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:49 PM

It's not difficult to fit at all, just pull on the top corners of the grill they'll unhook themselves from the retainer clips, then work round the bottom of the grill and then unclip the centre from the intake behind the star badge.

The top you just prise the 3 bolts out then use a screwdriver to unhook the remaining clips whilst pulling down to remove them, it's a very simple quick process, I didn't think I'd be able to do it when I looked at the grill, then 10 minutes later I'd fitted it, just have to be careful with the top part so you don't snap any of the clips.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM

E550 Coupe
If you're not comfortable, take it to a professional. Cost of failure is high!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 PM

e350 coupe
DR. NAB you are hungry for mods.Nice grill,can't wait to receive mine and post some pictures.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36 PM

thanks man.. yeah too true, looking for a carbon spoiler and exhaust/diffuser next but not sure what to go for
Old 04-20-2011, 04:15 PM

S550 Coupe
Dr-Nab, what size wheels and is car stock height?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM

they're only 19s, car is stock height but on the sports suspension - it looks high on those pics because of the level of the driveway and the angle of the picture..

This is from where it's in the car park at work.. doesn't look so high.
Attached Thumbnails How do you remove/replace Grill??-photo.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 AM

e350 coupe
It doesn't look high at all.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
TKO

c207
Where can I purchase that grill?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw 550i
Originally Posted by TKO
Where can I purchase that grill?
they're scattered all over eBay. just search w207 or c207. 150-190 usd from china.