E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is this deal OK for an 2012 E550 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
fld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E550C; 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L
Is this deal OK for an 2012 E550 Coupe?

Hi guys,

We just spoke to a dealer who is probably able to give us a 7% discount on an E550 Coupe and then + $3000 conquest cash on top. The following are the details of the car:

- THIS 2012 MERCEDES E550 COUPE IS EQUIPPED WITH:
* P02 Premium Package
* Rear Spoiler (which we don't need)
* Wood Trim Package
* Appearance Package
* Burl Walnut Wood Trim
* Lane Tracking Package
* Keyless Entry
* Panorama Sunroof

The MSRP is $67115; and with 7% discount which is $4698, it'll be $62417. After conquest cash, it'll be $59417.

We live in the Midwest state of Indiana if that helps.

So, we would like to know if the deal we got is good or not. What are the current discounts people get on 2012 E-Class Coupes out there, specifically an E550 Coupe.

For 2013 E550 Coupe, what are the typical discounts people get?

Thanks very much.

Regards,
fld.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
SL 500
Not exactly the same - my E550 cab - list was $80,990 (included shipping and dealer processing fee) - I paid $73,565. Discount and conquest cash deal.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
7% + the cash is a good deal.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
fld

I thought I saw someone mention they got a 2012 e-class with either 10% + conquest cash on top, or 10% including conquest cash. In this case, $59417 out of 67115 would be about 11.5% discount.

Do you know roughly how much the resale value will be affected if we buy a MY2012 today? Or the conquest cash + the discount could justify the drop?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by fld
Hi guys,

We just spoke to a dealer who is probably able to give us a 7% discount on an E550 Coupe and then + $3000 conquest cash on top. The following are the details of the car:

* P02 Premium Package
* Wood Trim Package
* Appearance Package
* Burl Walnut Wood Trim
* Lane Tracking Package
* Keyless Entry
* Panorama Sunroof

The MSRP is $67115; and with 7% discount which is $4698, it'll be $62417. After conquest cash, it'll be $59417.

So, we would like to know if the deal we got is good or not. What are the current discounts people get on 2012 E-Class Coupes out there, specifically an E550 Coupe.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
fld.

I paid exactly $64,000 for the same car including 7% tax. Mine came with the dual spoiler kit and also chrome inserts.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
soo cheap!!!
hate US...
got mine E200, for 75,000$....even without COMAND APS...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
The 7% gets the cost down to invoice. The dealer is still left with "trunk money" which is the hidden profit from dealer incentives directly from MB. The Conquest Cash is a buyer incentive directly from MB, not the dealer.

To get a better deal, the dealer would have to dip into his "trunk money". Unless you are in an area with multiple dealers, this is highly unlikely.

It's a good deal and you will love the car.

Regards,
Don
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
fld

Originally Posted by np888
I paid exactly $64,000 for the same car including 7% tax. Mine came with the dual spoiler kit and also chrome inserts.
Wowww, pretty good deal you got there!!!

Originally Posted by dav461
soo cheap!!!
hate US...
got mine E200, for 75,000$....even without COMAND APS...
We have lived in 3 countries. We find that cars are pretty expensive in some countries but the cost of living is cheap, while in some others it's the other around.

Originally Posted by dfordham
The 7% gets the cost down to invoice. The dealer is still left with "trunk money" which is the hidden profit from dealer incentives directly from MB. The Conquest Cash is a buyer incentive directly from MB, not the dealer.

To get a better deal, the dealer would have to dip into his "trunk money". Unless you are in an area with multiple dealers, this is highly unlikely.

It's a good deal and you will love the car.

Regards,
Don
Yup, we like the car and the wife insists on E550 due to it's GOT "MORE POWER!!!!"
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM

BMW 335i xDrive Coupe
Originally Posted by fld
Hi guys,

* P02 Premium Package
* Wood Trim Package
* Appearance Package
* Burl Walnut Wood Trim
* Lane Tracking Package
* Keyless Entry
* Panorama Sunroof

Thanks very much.

Regards,
fld.
I'm in OH. Mind if i inquire about who your dealer is? I like your deal.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:26 PM
fld

I don't think this is particular to a dealer, but to those that are smart and interested in getting your business. We called a couple others in other states such as MN, MD and a couple more. All of which offered 5%-7% off plus conquest cash without any hassle. The one we liked best is a dealer in MD which we did not need to say much but offered 7% up front on any one they had in their inventory. This supports the idea that to get a good deal:

1. The dealer seems to have to be in a big city in a big state, which sort of implies more competition.
2. The dealer seems to have to be a big one, which sort of implies their power in negotiating with and purchasing from MB USA.

We did some calculation and if we don't get at least 7% + conquest cash on MY12 E550 we will not get it. The MY13 cars are already at the port of entry awaiting release. The new motors on both E350 and E550 will likely be released next year. These 2 factors will probably help the resale value on MY12 cars nose-dive quite a bit. All of these smart salespersons should know while the less smart ones seems to still play their stupid game assuming the customer don't know how to use the Internet.

One dealer whom we know told us that the pricing on the MY13 would not change by much and they might likely be able to offer the same discount they gave to our relative who just bought an E550 a few months ago + whatever deal they had at that time. This means we would just save a couple $K on MY, which makes it less interesting.

Since you are in OH, it should not be hard for you to find a deal like ours.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 PM

BMW 335i xDrive Coupe
Originally Posted by fld
I don't think this is particular to a dealer, but to those that are smart and interested in getting your business. We called a couple others in other states such as MN, MD and a couple more. All of which offered 5%-7% off plus conquest cash without any hassle. The one we liked best is a dealer in MD which we did not need to say much but offered 7% up front on any one they had in their inventory. This supports the idea that to get a good deal:

1. The dealer seems to have to be in a big city in a big state, which sort of implies more competition.
2. The dealer seems to have to be a big one, which sort of implies their power in negotiating with and purchasing from MB USA.

We did some calculation and if we don't get at least 7% + conquest cash on MY12 E550 we will not get it. The MY13 cars are already at the port of entry awaiting release. The new motors on both E350 and E550 will likely be released next year. These 2 factors will probably help the resale value on MY12 cars nose-dive quite a bit. All of these smart salespersons should know while the less smart ones seems to still play their stupid game assuming the customer don't know how to use the Internet.

One dealer whom we know told us that the pricing on the MY13 would not change by much and they might likely be able to offer the same discount they gave to our relative who just bought an E550 a few months ago + whatever deal they had at that time. This means we would just save a couple $K on MY, which makes it less interesting.

Since you are in OH, it should not be hard for you to find a deal like ours.
IN is as close to me as some of the other OH dealers (which have proven difficult to deal with in the past). So, I'm assuming you dealt with Reiser, Ft Wayne or Indy MB? Or, was it someone else?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
fld

On top of what I have said, I am a controls engineer working on air handling components design including turbocharger. The idea of having 2 turbochargers on E550 seems to scare me a little bit because it adds more complexity to the design and to long-term maintenance. From the picture of the motor, it seems the turbochargers are wastegated ones which are not as efficient as their variable geometry counterpart. I hear that the new E550 motor will have a single turbocharger, which to me seems to be the way to go if MB wants to go on this path. Turbochargers on diesel engines are a different story, though.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
If you guys are after a good deal I'm happy to share my dealers name. Sure he'd be willing to work with you wherever you are. Like I said, he got me my fully loaded 550 for 64K including 7% tax.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM

BMW 335i xDrive Coupe
Originally Posted by np888
If you guys are after a good deal I'm happy to share my dealers name. Sure he'd be willing to work with you wherever you are. Like I said, he got me my fully loaded 550 for 64K including 7% tax.
Love to know!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:11 PM
fld

Update: The dealer backed out on the deal. They said they could only sell it at the MSRP since they were the only one in the US having this car with these specs. They were also trying to low ball us on our trade in giving us like $4k lower than its average trade-in value..... so no deal...what a time waster.

It's funny how some salesmen are doing their business in old school fashion assuming people in the 21st century are stupid and uninformed. We have the internet, car pricing web sites, web forums, and web forums where members help out other members, just like you guys are doing!!!

We are gonna go see another dealer tomorrow, and if things work out OK we'll put a deposit on MY2013 E550 Coupe. From what they said they could do, it'll be only a couple thousands more and they seem to be pretty professional and objective, and are no BS like the previous one we dealt with.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by fld
Update: The dealer backed out on the deal. They said they could only sell it at the MSRP since they were the only one in the US having this car with these specs. They were also trying to low ball us on our trade in giving us like $4k lower than its average trade-in value..... so no deal...what a time waster.

It's funny how some salesmen are doing their business in old school fashion assuming people in the 21st century are stupid and uninformed. We have the internet, car pricing web sites, web forums, and web forums where members help out other members, just like you guys are doing!!!

We are gonna go see another dealer tomorrow, and if things work out OK we'll put a deposit on MY2013 E550 Coupe. From what they said they could do, it'll be only a couple thousands more and they seem to be pretty professional and objective, and are no BS like the previous one we dealt with.
Good for you - walking away from that slimy dealer!!

I learned the same thing, when I bought my first Benz several years ago. I naively thought that Mercedes dealers would be "different" from the pack. Rude awakening. I walked away too and found the dealer - and Service Manager - I will stick with for life.

If it's any help, the dealer with whom I have a solid relationship now sold me my 2012 at the so-called Invoice Price (-7%). No ups, no extras, no haggling. We inked the deal before the pricing sheets were even available, June 2011. Got the car two months later and all was as promised. No ugly surprises and, as usual, a spotless delivery. That's the way it should be for you as well.

Good luck on reaching a fair deal on the 2013.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 323 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by fld
Update: They were also trying to low ball us on our trade in giving us like $4k lower than its average trade-in value.....
It's funny how some salesmen are doing their business in old school fashion assuming people in the 21st century are stupid and uninformed. We have the internet, car pricing web sites, web forums, and web forums where.
Based on what? If it (used car value) is based on a free information found at various internet sites, then its exactly what it is - free and useless. True trade-in value can be determined by paid subscriptions (like Galves) or auctions pricing.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
fld

I am not sure what you were trying to mean. We received at least 2 trade-in quotes from 2 different dealers, which were in the neighborhood of what KBB, Edmunds and NADA gave us. I do not think the information from these Web sites, was completely useless. KBB and Edmunds gave $11,500 while Nada had it for $12,000, and we received $11,000, which we think was OK. It was that KY dealer who might have been thinking that we had no idea how to use the Internet and had no way to access information by any means.

They were very arrogant saying that they would only be selling the MY2012 car at MSRP since they were the only one having the car with these specs in US continent. They forgot that people might know that the MY2013 cars were already at the port of entry, or if not, they could just order one in and just wait for a few weeks. And salesman said that they would do us a "favor" by giving us $6500-$7000 for the trade-in car. All of this BS was the last piece of straw that broke the deal, and that we would never deal with them ever again. They should have taken care of their mouths better than this.

Originally Posted by threeMBs
Based on what? If it (used car value) is based on a free information found at various internet sites, then its exactly what it is - free and useless. True trade-in value can be determined by paid subscriptions (like Galves) or auctions pricing.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 323 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
OK. One time and today only. Give me your trade-in's details (year, make/model, miles, major options) and its condition (was it in accident, etc.) interior/exterior. I'll reply with trade-in.