E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just picked this up yesterday...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 Convertible, 2008 C300 Sport Sedan
Just picked this up yesterday...

Just picked this up yesterday. Traded in my 2012 C250 Sport sedan. Always wanted a convertible, made them let me clean it up, since I greatly enjoy cleaning my Mercedes.

I did have a couple of question for Cabrio owners (as this is my first)...
Is there any particular brand of cleaner you guys like to use to clean the top?
Also, any particularly good leather conditioner to keep the sun rays at bay in hot and sunny Texas?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Just picked this up yesterday...-img_6895.jpeg   Just picked this up yesterday...-img_6249.jpeg  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
11 E350 Cab, 18 GLS450
I have used Ragg Topp on my top since I got my cab. It really does a nice job and brings out the deep color once dry. I also use the Ragg Topp protectant once a year. So far pretty happy with it.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:51 PM

So just once a year is good? It already looks pretty clean, appears to be garage kept from previous owner.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
11 E350 Cab, 18 GLS450
Originally Posted by J1216
So just once a year is good? It already looks pretty clean, appears to be garage kept from previous owner.
For me yes. My car is garage kept and in more than out... If you store outside or its on the road a bit you can do it more than once. Test to me is how the water beads.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by mikey08
For me yes. My car is garage kept and in more than out... If you store outside or its on the road a bit you can do it more than once. Test to me is how the water beads.
So I just washed it, and the water kind of soaked in when I sprayed it, so it needs to be treated I would imagine right?

Any tips for the leather?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Using the new Mother's VLR. Works a treat ! Not for use on suede or rough porous leather.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:01 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by mikey08
I have used Ragg Topp on my top since I got my cab. It really does a nice job and brings out the deep color once dry. I also use the Ragg Topp protectant once a year. So far pretty happy with it.
I agree and so does the maker (Haartz)of our tops.

Cloth Top Cleaning

Cambria®, Landmark™, Sonnenland®, Stayfast®, Twillfast®
Solution Dyed Acrylic and Acrylic/Polyester Topping Fabric
Although the fabric does not promote mildew growth by itself, mildew may develop on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed. This is especially true in warm, humid, dark environments. This accumulation of soil and potential mldew grown can compromise the durability of the topcover and its overall appearance. A program of keeping the fabric clean through regular washings, BEFORE it gets dirty, will enhance the life and beauty of the top and make successive cleaning easier. A first stop for information specific to your top's cleaning can be found in the vehicle owner's manual as supplied by the vehicle's manufacturer (OE). In addition, Haartz makes the following recommendations.
Most automatic car washes will not harm cloth top fabrics. Washes with low pressure water jets and hanging cloths provide a more gentle cleaning action. Those using heavy barrel brushes could damage the top material. Haartz recommends hand washing in compliance with local laws & regulations.
The Haartz Corporation recommends using RAGGTOPP™ Cleaner and RAGGTOPP™ Protectant available from Wolfsteins Pro-Series. at tel: 800-377-4700, e-mail: info@wolfsteins.com.
Hand washing in shade or partial shade, not direct sunlight, is best. DO NOT USE DETERGENT. Bird and tree droppings, as well as other loose particle soils, should be removed immediately. Vacuum with a brush attachment and rinse thoroughly with water to remove loose particle soils. This will also prevent the soils from being redeposited during the cleaning process. Once the fabric has been rinsed thoroughly, spray RAGGTOPP™ Cleaner evenly over the entire surface while still wet. Allow the cleaner to soak for 10 to 20 minutes and then scrub lightly with a soft nylon brush or terry cloth rag. Rinse thoroughly, preferably until no remaining soap foam is observed. Additional cleanings may be required. It is best to determine the need for additional cleanings after the fabric has dried completely.
Washing with a non-detergent soap (ie. Ivory or Lux) and warm water is a safe alternative to RAGGTOPP™ Cleaner, but not as effective.
For more stubborn cases, mix a solution of no more than 1/2 cup (4oz., / 120ml) standard household bleach (3-8% Sodium Hypochlorite solution...Clorox/Dan Klorix brand or similar) and 1/4 cup (2oz. / 60ml) RAGGTOPP™ Cleaner per gallon (3.8 liter) of water, soak for approximately 20 minutes and scrub lightly as indicated above. (Excessive soaking with the bleach solution can deteriorate seam threads.) Rinse thoroughly to prevent streaking on painted and chrome surfaces. Several cleanings may be necessary.
Once dry, cleaning must be followed by re-water repelling with RAGGTOPP™ Protectant. (This product does not contain CFC's and therefore, is not harmful to the environment.) Failure to apply will result in rapid resoiling of the unprotected fabric.
For ordering information contact www.wolfsteins.com
Stayfast®, Twillfast®, Cambria® and Sonnenland® are registered trademarks of The Haartz Corporation.
Landmark™ is a trademark of The Haartz Corporation
RAGGTOPP™ is a trademark of Wolfsteins Pro-Series

- See more at: http://www.haartz.com/cleaning-guide....Pfo9o5t2.dpuf
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 AM

E350Cab
Top-End by Surf city Garage is a cleaner and protectant in one. Easy to use.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 PM

2017 GLE350 4Matic
Originally Posted by hillcreative
Using the new Mother's VLR. Works a treat ! Not for use on suede or rough porous leather.
How often do you apply?