E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Making It My Own

Old 10-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550
Making It My Own

GF modeling the car for me

Rims, Clear sidemarkers, red calipers, star

Picked it up from getting the audio done. Four 10s in the trunk as of right now. Getting some more work done to it later on. The lights will be able to change to any color I want. If anyone lives in Fort Worth, these are my go to guys.

Showing off the Illuminated star. It looks ALOT brighter in pics, but in person it has a very subtle light glow.

Few things I'll be doing

-Custom License plate on the way

-Paint top part of grill black (leave the chrome) or swap out for the single bar grill. Havent fully decided what I want to do yet. Maybe a Tiarra Grill for a chrome mesh look

-Custom tail lights

-Few extra things in the trunk.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
That star is hotness. I've been thinking about doing it. Is there much involved with installation? Car looks real good man. Keep the mods comin'. I think you should go with single bar grill. The illuminated star works with it I hope?
Old 10-10-2014, 03:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor
That star is hotness. I've been thinking about doing it. Is there much involved with installation? Car looks real good man. Keep the mods comin'. I think you should go with single bar grill. The illuminated star works with it I hope?

I've been looking for an after-market single fin grille that will work with the MB lighted star for W207/A207. None yet fit. I am working with Jason at 55Tech with hopes of getting a custom solution.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 AM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor
Thanks man! I couldn't tell you cause I let them take care of everything to be honest. If something breaks, I know I'm not responsible for it lol.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:04 AM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by hillcreative
I've been looking for an after-market single fin grille that will work with the MB lighted star for W207/A207. None yet fit. I am working with Jason at 55Tech with hopes of getting a custom solution.
Do you know why it won't fit? Single fin has a larger star or ??? I haven't looked into it at all, was just hoping everything would mesh up perfectly
Old 10-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Benz_G
Do you know why it won't fit? Single fin has a larger star or ??? I haven't looked into it at all, was just hoping everything would mesh up perfectly
The illuminated MB Star is the entire center 'basket' of the grille which is not the same as the center part of the after-market grille. You can't just swap them out. Also be aware that if you have distronic your out of luck using the star.