E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aux cable for telephone cradle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
Aux cable for telephone cradle

I am trying to find an aux cable which connects into the socket that sits in the centre console. Normally you would put a cradle for say a Blackberry or Iphone etc. These cradles being a separate purchase for each model of phone. I have just upgraded from a blackberry 9900, and now have a HTC, for which there is no holding cradle.
Therefore I am looking for a cable that will connect into the socket and then into my phone which will amongst other things allow me to charge the phone????
I contacted Mercedes and they have nothing, just mentioned a bluetooth cradle which does not allow charging of the phone......... so does anyone have any ideas? thanks
Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Sorry, can't help you on that one - I dont think my coupe has an aux input in the center console (where is the connector?).

I know this used to be a common mode over in the old W203 forms, of course the hardware has changed since then...
Old 11-13-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
There are two cables. One is the aux and the other is for direct connection to an iPhone. The direct-connect cable charges my iPhone. I think that the aux and direct-connect cables moved to the center console in 2012. I've had two 2011s with cables located in the glove box and two 2012s with the cables located in the console.

Most mobile phone outlets sell adapters. My E-coupe has the adapter for older iPhones and I bought an adapter from a Verizon store to fit my iPhone6.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
Originally Posted by NCBob
There are two cables. One is the aux and the other is for direct connection to an iPhone. The direct-connect cable charges my iPhone. I think that the aux and direct-connect cables moved to the center console in 2012. I've had two 2011s with cables located in the glove box and two 2012s with the cables located in the console.

Most mobile phone outlets sell adapters. My E-coupe has the adapter for older iPhones and I bought an adapter from a Verizon store to fit my iPhone6.
Hi I have the cables for connections in the glove box, but the centre console has the telephone feature that allows you to put in/connect the relevant mobile cradles, hence my last phone a blackberry 9900. I decided to dismantle this old cradle to see if I could pull off the connector? Did not realise there is a complete pcb/mother board in there with lots of circuitry and the socket is hard wired to the board. So no luck yet!!!!