E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Buying a 2011 E350 Coupe in a couple days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Coupe
Buying a 2011 E350 Coupe in a couple days

Any suggestions or comments? First Mercedes.
What are some tips to make the car faster?
What spoiler and where to buy?
Thinking of getting Sprinter ...thoughts?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 SL 550
If it's faster you want, why not consider the E550 coupe?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
350 is not gonna be fast, buy a 550
Old 01-23-2015, 10:30 AM

2011 E350 Coupe
I guess some things are the same regardless of which forum you're on...
If you say you want to increase horsepower in your 328 people say buy a 335. If you say you want to increase horsepower in your 335 they say buy an M3. Such an ignorant answer.

Does anybody have anything worthwhile to contribute regarding the E350 coupe? Any common issues? Anything that makes this a good choice in the MB world? What are some of the common mods?
In regards to how it drives, some reasonable suggestions have been noted and will likely be executed such as sprintbooster to get rid of the lag and and ECU remap to at least get to 300hp. Don't need 400hp with the headache of the gas consumption that the E550 provides.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
some people dont deserve to be helped
Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM

2011 E350 Coupe
Thanks for your opinion.

I can tell from your extremely helpful reply that I am going to be missing out by not getting your assistance in the future.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Unfortunately, you do get these responses on this forum. Not very helpful.

I own a 2011 E-350 Coupe. Owned it for a year and bought it with 17,000 miles on the odo. Absolutely love the car. No problems at all. It certainly doesn't have the E550's power, but it is very responsive. Mine came with a spoiler, so I cannot help with your selection. Do a search here and you should come up with some ideas.

There are several things you can do to make it faster. An engine control module tune, which I did not do. Headers and a tuned exhaust system (expensive), and a SprintBooster, which I installed. Did not add more power, but really livened up the throttle response. The car just goes quickly.

Good luck with your purchase. To avoid additional smart-a$$ responses, feel free to PM me with any questions. I'll try to help.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
I'm with NCBob on this. I have a 2011 E350 Cabriolet and find it plenty peppy. It outperforms my previous BMW. In sport mode I get plenty of zip and the car handles far better than I would expect a sport/luxury car should. I also spend less money at the gas pumps and have fewer tix from the Police because I'm less apt to showboat at a traffic light. Will it burn rubber from a standing launch, yes. Will I be replacing tires as much as a bigger motor car, no. I respect the E550 and respect an AMG even more but I don't need the extra horses. Regarding MODS: The AMG appearance package can be added (including spoiler.) Sprint booster as previously stated and perhaps 35 BHP with a ECU tune.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 SL 550
I'm with nauticalx. We both had the same thought about pindere350's question. The reason I (trying to be helpful) suggested a 550 was that modifying a 350 would do a couple things you might not have thought of. Namely that it would void whatever warranty the car had and it would make resale a real challenge. As for pindere350 finding our suggestions ignorant, well, that's just rude and nauticalx is right, he doesn't deserve to be helped.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:01 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
I didn't think the responses were rude. He asked about making the car faster, and it was asked why not a 550? OP could have easily said, I don't want that much power, it's not in my price range, etc. The replies really were intended to help I think.

That being said, if you are set on the 350, I *think* the sprinter is meant just for throttle response right? Not actually making the car faster in terms of power, but in terms of throttle response. I could be completely wrong on that though.

On cosmetic mods, man there are plenty for the body style you are choosing. I'd hit up a board sponsor here if you want anything. Or you can do eBay for some things. I always thought the Lorinser spoiler was nice. Bigger, but not all crazy. rear diffuser, exhaust tips, front diffuser, etc. You have a lot of options.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 PM

2011 E-350
I'm thinking up the budget a bit and go for a 2012 model. The 12 model has 32 more HP than the 11 model and it has better gas mileage too. Here's a link with details:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...2/Performance/
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM

2011 E350 Coupe
First thing is first, I would like to apologize to crobb65 and nauticalx.
This purchase is for my wife however I drive a 328i and it is a pet peeve when discussing power upgrade options for my vehicle that everyone says to buy a different car ie. 335 or M3, which isn't exactly helpful advice. Because this is something that already gets under my skin I was quick to respond accordingly. I hope you understand my frustration in regards to the response and why I may have been a bit harsh with mine.

With that being said, NCBob, thanks for the feedback on the sprintbooster, I will definitely purchase one. That is the biggest issue with the car, not that it doesn't have power, but it doesn't respond the way we'd like. I think from what I've read in the last few days this is a must for us.

Hillcreative you are correct, but it's the feel not the dyno that will be important so the sprintbooster sounds perfect. I think it's worth looking into the ECU mod down the road as the extra 35hp would be great.

Snakedoctor thanks for the tips!

Fourcircle, unfortunately my wife has fallen in love with the colour combination so we have purchased the 2011. It's grey on grey and we were having no luck finding any other e coupes with grey interior. This is the same combo she has in her G35 coupe and that's the reason we want quicker response since her current car goes right away. We understand it won't drive like a G because it's a much nicer, luxurious car, but overall, still drives like a beast. I would buy the E550 if it was me, but my wife doesn't want the extra gas bill as she drives a lot. Plus that kind of power will only get her tickets lol
Something in between would be perfect, but I think these two mods will do the trick. I will check for a sponsor that sells spoilers and we're good for a while. Thanks to everyone and again sorry for offended anyone.

Last edited by pindere350; 01-26-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe 4Matic; 2018 Audi Q5; 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Your wife will enjoy the E350. I see 95% of the women on the streets here in Toronto, Canada are driving the E350 coupe. 90% of them are white color (Note: not sure about the other cities or countries).

You can even save the $ on the mods because most women do not like their cars to be modded and touched. The interior of the car is beautiful enough for them.

Last edited by Ultraman; 01-26-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
I don't believe that the Mercedes market has as many upgrades as the BMW market. that being said many will go for the Brabus D chip upgrade which does not affect Mercedes warranty. Everyone I know who has this is very pleased, the downside is it is not cheap!!!
Again body kit wise most will already have the AMG kit, but some will change DRL's and add the odd spoiler. There is a good diffuser on offer, but again very expensive. Wheel upgrades come next and that is personal choice, again I think the Mercedes is a completely different drive to BMW so putting pencil thin rubber on is not a good solution particularly for women drivers..........
Old 01-26-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by pindere350
First thing is first, I would like to apologize to crobb65 and nauticalx.
This purchase is for my wife however I drive a 328i and it is a pet peeve when discussing power upgrade options for my vehicle that everyone says to buy a different car ie. 335 or M3, which isn't exactly helpful advice. Because this is something that already gets under my skin I was quick to respond accordingly. I hope you understand my frustration in regards to the response and why I may have been a bit harsh with mine.

With that being said, NCBob, thanks for the feedback on the sprintbooster, I will definitely purchase one. That is the biggest issue with the car, not that it doesn't have power, but it doesn't respond the way we'd like. I think from what I've read in the last few days this is a must for us.

Hillcreative you are correct, but it's the feel not the dyno that will be important so the sprintbooster sounds perfect. I think it's worth looking into the ECU mod down the road as the extra 35hp would be great.

Snakedoctor thanks for the tips!

Fourcircle, unfortunately my wife has fallen in love with the colour combination so we have purchased the 2011. It's grey on grey and we were having no luck finding any other e coupes with grey interior. This is the same combo she has in her G35 coupe and that's the reason we want quicker response since her current car goes right away. We understand it won't drive like a G because it's a much nicer, luxurious car, but overall, still drives like a beast. I would buy the E550 if it was me, but my wife doesn't want the extra gas bill as she drives a lot. Plus that kind of power will only get her tickets lol
Something in between would be perfect, but I think these two mods will do the trick. I will check for a sponsor that sells spoilers and we're good for a while. Thanks to everyone and again sorry for offended anyone.

A tip on the SprintBooster that is not mentioned in the installation instructions.
Before installing, leave the driver side door open and allow the computer to go to sleep for about 10 minutes. If you have keyless go, leave the keys in the house while working on the car. The computer needs to be dormant while installing the SB.
A 10mm socket will remove the gas pedal. Simply unplug the connector and plug in the SB. You may need to slit the carpeting behind the pedal to allow clearance for the SB. Re-installing the pedal will cover any alterations.
Once installed, start the car and let it idle while the computer recognizes and learns the SB.

The SB normally defaults to the last setting on the SB. However, sometimes it switches back to OEM and I can immediately tell the difference in response.
Enjoy your off-the-line immediate response.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...booster-3.html