E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Loose Tweeter Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe 4Matic; 2018 Audi Q5; 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Loose Tweeter Cover

The dealership removed the driver side tweeter speaker plastic cover behind the side mirror in order to access to the door panel to do some repair work a few weeks ago.

Last weekend, when I was cleaning the car, I found that the tweeter cover was not properly sealed tight to the rubber door weatherstrip.

I removed the tweeter cover and tried to snapped back but it did not seal tight. There was only one plastic rivet (push-clip) that attached to the tweeter cover to the door frame and 2 legs that went to the door panel. I believe the guy who worked on my car used the old plastic rivet to snap back the plastic cover. I assumed once the plastic rivet was removed, it is no longer to attach tight between the tweeter cover and the door frame.

If I go back to the dealership and request them to fix this minor job, it will take another month to have an appointment with the dealership (approx. 1 month). To avoid the long wait, should I just buy a new plastic rivet to replace the old one in order to make the tweeter cover seal tight?

Please advise.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Take the car right back to the dealer and show the SA what happened. Tell them that you don't want to make a future appointment, but want it inspected and have the correct part ordered and replaced under warranty.
The longer you wait, the less chance you have of convincing the dealer that they are responsible for the repair.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM

I know. The problem right now is making another appointment is approx. 1 month. All the shop technicians are buy fixing cars in the service bays. Beside, this dealership is far away from my work (my personal problem). I cannot just walk-in and ask for the repair. Everything needs appointment no matter what.

A few years back, when there were not many Mercedes lineups on the market such as CLA, GLA and etc., the service advisor could grab a technician and fix the minor problem right on spot.

If this is an easy fix, I can just grab a new clip and fix it myself, this save me time. However, the main question is I am really not sure whether it is the old plastic clip which makes the tweeter cover loose.

Last edited by Ultraman; 01-23-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 CLS550
You can't just walk in and ask for a pair? I see it happen every week when I'm at the dealership for my car wash. If you think they're going to get upset because you stopped in to ask a quick question, or have to look at something, you're definitely wrong. I think you need to go in show them and make them fix it.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pmurray633
You can't just walk in and ask for a pair? I see it happen every week when I'm at the dealership for my car wash. If you think they're going to get upset because you stopped in to ask a quick question, or have to look at something, you're definitely wrong. I think you need to go in show them and make them fix it.
I never feel embarrassing or upset to ask for a quick question or compliant there. As I said before, small thing like this requires at least a month appointment to get stuff fix. This is what I have been told. These people what I saw in the bay's were super busy and had no spare time to come out to help you out. If I receive the customer survey from them, I will express my concerns regarding this.

If the loosen tweeter speaker cover is caused by that little rivet / clip, I would rather get a new clip and fix it myself.