E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My introduction, of myself and my e350c.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C207 2012
My introduction, of myself and my e350c.

Hello everyone,

Ive been lurking these forums for a few months, reading and thinking. I searched for a w207 (or c207 because of the c chassis) , and i thought i might want an e550 with massage seats, and the v8. I chose not to go that route because i feared owning another v8 with my lead foot.

I finally decided on a 2012 e350 with 30k on the clock and every option i could want. It is quick enough for me, but i am a bit jealous at times of the e550 coupes with the nice skirts and amg style bumpers (and the extra hp).

I am coming from a 2004 lincoln ls v8 ultimate, a nice car for the money, but nothing like the car i chose.

Inside the owners manual i found the original sticker, it was somewhere around 64k, i paid 32k in December of '14. I feel satisfied eith that price, i couldve gone the kia route like my sister and spent about the same, for a new '14, but they are like the fake rolex of cars, and unable to duplicate what makes a Mercedes a luxury vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-received_762502343839014.jpeg   My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-received_762502350505680.jpeg   My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-img_20150222_084601_0_.jpg   My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-0221151041a.jpg   My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-0215151047a.jpg  

My introduction, of myself and my e350c.-img-20150215-wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by Iman86; 02-22-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:04 PM

C207 2012
: forgot the pics!!!

So, for some reason the pictures never uploaded, and what is a post without pictures.

A little more about my journey which led me to Mercedes;

I had previously test driven Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (total POS), BMW's (cheap, plastic, noisy), the corvette stingray z51 (i dont want to die this young), F-type (love this car), and a slew of other unexceptional coupes and sedans. I had a chance to see the Alfa Romeo 4C twice (no you cant test drive them), beauty of a car, but at $110k, a bit over priced.

Overall i am very happy with my purchase and love the little added benefits that i find along the way. The MBUSA owners club offers benefits at resorts that i like to go with the lady, and that is an exceptional bonus for us.

If i can say one thing about dealers, Maserati, Jaguar, Infinity and Hyundai were among the best. Among the worst were; BMW, Lincoln a small broker of Mercedes cars, and at the top of the list was Mercedes Benz. Not one person approached me, not one person inquired to my needs, and even when i went to get my paddle shifter fixed (another story), this dealer asked if i drove a C-class... after taking the paperwork for my E350c . Maybe im sensitive, but this is the closest thing to ageism ive ever experienced.

At any rate, happy to be here with you all enjoying our beautiful cars!

-Iman
Old 02-23-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
Welcome!

The car looks great! All the car options you looked at only means we are blessed to have so many good choices. Looks like you were driving in Vegas, which makes me extra jealous! Sounds like you got a good car. Any plans for the car mod-wise, or keeping it as is?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM

C207 2012
vegas

Oh yeah, the first road trip i took was to Vegas! I needed to aquaint myself, and that road trip did it. Distronic was helpful in traffic heading home, i just turned it on and basically let it autopilot me through some tough traffic.

As for mods, it's the v6, so while im inclined to get it tuned, delete the resonator or get custom exhaust, i probably wont. Ill probably just leave it alone, and deal. I had mid mounted mufflers on my Lincoln, and that v8 is only 3.9l, but sounded great. This v6 wont.

I've looked at body kits, because honestly the worst part about this car is the round rear end. The c207 is so masculine and stylish in the front, and carries well through the sides of the coupe, however the rear is left without definition or muscle. (At least on the v6) . Hell even c300s have nicer side skirts and rear ends.

I want a diffuser, but aside from dealer options, im left with little to choose from for my non~amg rear bumper.

The 18" amg wheels are okay, but the car is a only 5" smaller than the full sized sedan. Simply put, i need bigger wheels but i do not want to sacrifice ride quality or handling. Not sure if ill change this anytime soon.

I think my only future mods for the moment are a paint correction (via me and my dual action polisher) and a sealant to keep my paint nice and protected from all that bad weather we get in CA. If there is one thing i hate, its swirl marks. On white it's not so bad, but im not letting it slide.

Also, maybe a dealer lube job for the pano roof. The slow sliding squeaky beast is annoying.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Iman86
Oh yeah, the first road trip i took was to Vegas! I needed to aquaint myself, and that road trip did it. Distronic was helpful in traffic heading home, i just turned it on and basically let it autopilot me through some tough traffic.

As for mods, it's the v6, so while im inclined to get it tuned, delete the resonator or get custom exhaust, i probably wont. Ill probably just leave it alone, and deal. I had mid mounted mufflers on my Lincoln, and that v8 is only 3.9l, but sounded great. This v6 wont.

I've looked at body kits, because honestly the worst part about this car is the round rear end. The c207 is so masculine and stylish in the front, and carries well through the sides of the coupe, however the rear is left without definition or muscle. (At least on the v6) . Hell even c300s have nicer side skirts and rear ends.

I want a diffuser, but aside from dealer options, im left with little to choose from for my non~amg rear bumper.

The 18" amg wheels are okay, but the car is a only 5" smaller than the full sized sedan. Simply put, i need bigger wheels but i do not want to sacrifice ride quality or handling. Not sure if ill change this anytime soon.

I think my only future mods for the moment are a paint correction (via me and my dual action polisher) and a sealant to keep my paint nice and protected from all that bad weather we get in CA. If there is one thing i hate, its swirl marks. On white it's not so bad, but im not letting it slide.

Also, maybe a dealer lube job for the pano roof. The slow sliding squeaky beast is annoying.

I put 19s on my E350. Plenty of sidewall to protect the rims and retain a comfortable ride.
As for swirls, the first thing I did was to claybar, then, using a Porter Cable random orbital polisher, I applied Griot's #2 polishing compound, then finished it up with Zaino. No swirls and the finish is as smooth as a baby's butt. The products are my preference, but Mothers or McGuiars also make good stuff.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:21 AM

C207 2012
Hi,

I have a griots dual action polisher (rebranded porter cable?) , their polishing compound, and new pads. I also have a detail coming up with sealant instead of wax as my choice of protectant. I just want to remove the light swirls left from the bad wash jobs it has had in the past.

Originally Posted by NCBob
I put 19s on my E350. Plenty of sidewall to protect the rims and retain a comfortable ride.
As for swirls, the first thing I did was to claybar, then, using a Porter Cable random orbital polisher, I applied Griot's #2 polishing compound, then finished it up with Zaino. No swirls and the finish is as smooth as a baby's butt. The products are my preference, but Mothers or McGuiars also make good stuff.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:11 PM

2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Iman86
Hi,

I have a griots dual action polisher (rebranded porter cable?) , their polishing compound, and new pads. I also have a detail coming up with sealant instead of wax as my choice of protectant. I just want to remove the light swirls left from the bad wash jobs it has had in the past.

What is the sealant you use?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:19 PM

C207 2012
sealant,

i was considering something from Gtechniq, as i have read a great many users of it are deeply satisfied with the results. I am looking for something that lasts all year (haha ) and that i can top with my favorite glaze to make my white car really pop!...ah, who am i kidding, it's a white car, and it's not going to reflect much but at least it wont reflect swirls and have bird poo on it.

There are always cheaper varieties, but i want to find out what this can do. If anyone has tried blackfire crystal sealant i would be interested to hear how it stands up against the elements. I wash my car often, and i need something that doesnt need to be reapplied every 60-90 days. It is not that im just too lazy, its that im busy and lazy.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:17 AM

2023 EQB250+; 2004 CLK320 Cabriolet
Thanks for the the pics. i just purchased a 2010 E350, white on black. Not even a week in, but really enjoying it so far.