E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E250 cab issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-250 Cab
E250 cab issues

Hi guys

I have just brought an 2011 E250 cab and i have a few issues with it already.

1. The drivers seat belt doesn't go all the way back in - it pulls in fast till the last few inches, then to get it all to go in you have to feed it back in. I have tried putting some furniture polish on it incase it was dirty and sticking, but its still doing it.

2. Quite frequently, but not all the time, i get an error message up on the display something about the passenger seat backrest not locked in. Sometimes sliding the seat back and forward clears the message, other times it doesn't. Where is the sensor that picks this up located? Was going to try and have a look if its a loose connection or something stupid.

3. I sure this has been covered before, but I can't find any definitive answers, should I be able to stream music via bluetooth? It has the audio 50 with NAVI.

4. I read on here somewhere about applying a lube to the door rubbers to stop the squeaking, would a silicone lube be safe to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
Yes you are able to use your phone to listen to the music via bt.
do not use silicone , it might get even worse. there is a topic just below it about lubricant to use.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:58 PM

E-250 Cab
I have connected my phone via bluetooth but I can't find an option on the stereo to select BT audio? Under the media menu there is just media interface and AUX. Also i have no AUX socket? Should this be a cable in the media interface socket?
Old 03-13-2015, 06:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
The Aux is in the dashboard glove box, up in the corner not easy to see (provided you have the basic setup). There is also a range of cables to connect the various devices. In the Interface you should find any device that you have connected to the system ie Ipod etc.
As for the seat belt do you have the tensioner switched on, this pulls the belt to the body, the seat belt is presented to you via when you sit in the seat and close the door. The seat belt should then retract when you remove it and drive back into the side console, again check the comfort features via the steering wheel!!!!!
As mentioned Gummi pledge for the rubber, works a treat but give it time to soak into the rubber trim if the rubber has never had anything on it.
As for the seat back check under the seat there is no loose connection as rear passengers feet can go everywhere.........
Old 03-13-2015, 01:01 PM

E-250 Cab
The tensioner is switched on and works fine, its just the last few inches of the seatbelt, when it retracts into the side console, that stays out unless fed back in by hand. Its almost as thought its run out of strength on the recoil spring (or what it would be called.) Ill have a look under the seat later, see if there is anything obvious.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
If your looking for the seat belt to return so that the latch connector is all the way back to the tensioner and held then you will not get any further as it only goes back so far and when the tensioner comes out it meets the latch section and draws the belt forward. So basically the metal latch swings in the breeze so's to speak, on the passenger side for example it can hit the seat back when you are driving........ hard to explain in words but I know what I mean