E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

COMMAND CONUNDRUM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Thumbs down COMMAND CONUNDRUM?

My 2010 E550 coupe has had a problem for over a year.The COMMAND screen will go dark and not come back on until i stop & restart the car.It was looked at under the last year of the warranty (4th year) ,but now the problem occurs every time I drive the car.There is no rhyme nor reason when the screen blanks out ,just frustrating as hell... The MB technicians could not duplicate this event when under warranty..Now, I have sent an e-mail to MB Canada to get help..(it was looked at under warranty,but NEVER fixed. ) I have read the threads concerning other buyers with this problem (DISP button..square with a dot in the middle) ,but this problem occurs with NO input from me...It just goes dark...Any suggestion? Tks.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic (W212); previous: 2010 E350 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Ian McGillivray
My 2010 E550 coupe has had a problem for over a year.The COMMAND screen will go dark and not come back on until i stop & restart the car.It was looked at under the last year of the warranty (4th year) ,but now the problem occurs every time I drive the car.There is no rhyme nor reason when the screen blanks out ,just frustrating as hell... The MB technicians could not duplicate this event when under warranty..Now, I have sent an e-mail to MB Canada to get help..(it was looked at under warranty,but NEVER fixed. ) I have read the threads concerning other buyers with this problem (DISP button..square with a dot in the middle) ,but this problem occurs with NO input from me...It just goes dark...Any suggestion? Tks.
If you took it in with the same problem while still under warranty then you are in good shape because you can show that the issue pre-existed. Insist that they fix it for free, no matter that the warranty expired since.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
^+1 I wouldnt take the car back unless they fix the issue free of charge. it was under warranty when it first happened, they looked at it and did not fix the problem. doenst matter if it out of warranty now.