E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aircap windshield deflector problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazdaspeed6
Aircap windshield deflector problem

My aircap deflector has started having problems when deploying:

-It will sometime stop to respond to command from the button in the armrest.
-He make a noise that sounds like plastic gear teeth skipping when fully retracted
-He goes down and pop back up when locking the car or closing the roof

Has anyone encountered such issue ?
Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550 Cabriolet
I had the glossy finish fixed under warranty since it delaminated itself.
I did not have any mecanical issues before or after the repair but I deploy it only at slow speeds.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
I am on my 3rd Aircap all due being faulty. The fault you have is the same one I had on the previous two and the only fix is to replace the whole unit as it comes as one piece. Now for the bad news...........in the UK the cost is £1400 +VAT, not including fitting. So do the dollar conversion ??????? it maybe slightly cheaper as most manufacturers used the UK as the Golden Isle????
The first one was done under warranty, the second was a large contribution as it only lasted 14 months but was out of warranty, the final one failed and again was done with contribution of goodwill.
My last one I am fairly certain was a manufacturer refurb, but no one will admit it, I can see marks under the clear coat, anyway it is still working. But still paid the full price in terms of value.
To my knowledge, and I did a lot of research there is no fix to this problem. The only thing you can do if you do not want to pay for a new one, and do not use it very much, you can ask Mercedes to disable it in the down position.
Because of this part failing I decided to by a used car extended warranty, which for 3 years is less than the cost for a new Aircap.

Last edited by theraven333; 06-17-2015 at 03:35 PM.