E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Strange sound from panoramic sunroof when making first turn of the day!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Strange sound from panoramic sunroof when making first turn of the day!

This is happening to my 2012 E350, my observation is when I back out of my driveway (slope) and make a turn I hear this loud sound as if a pebble hit my roof. Sometimes it happens when I make the first turn of the day either left or right on flat street. It does not happen all the time but it is almost always in the morning. The sound is from the rear sort of like above the rear seats, both left and right but not at the same time.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the panorama sunroof resetting? Perhaps not closed properly. I rarely ever open the roof.

I do not recall this happened when I first bought the car almost four years ago.

Anybody heard of this issue?
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e550 coupe
I have the same issue with my recently acquired 2010 E550 coupe. When going up or down an apron, it makes a knocking sound and it's driving me crazy that I cannot pinpoint where it is coming from, but it sounds like its above the rear windows. Thought maybe rear seat belt tensioner but cannot determine for sure.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:04 AM

Looks like a common problem with these panorama roof. I found this old thread that described my situation, perhaps yours as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...a-sunroof.html

I will bring me car in soon and see what the dealer say. I told them about the problem last time I had my car in for service but I did not press them. I will report back once I have it fixed.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Ran SRT-10,2007 S550,2016 E400c
Its the pano roof frame that does it, Its a minor shifting in the frame.
Its most of the time a easy fix by just tightening the frame bolts but sometimes
I've had to insulate the rear area of the frame to get rid of the sound..

Got rid of the noise in my "12 but to my surprise I've heard it in the new "16 I just
traded the "12 in for
Old 07-01-2015, 10:52 AM

How could it happen in the 2016 model? MBZ has not found a solution for this? I wonder if it happens in other model with the pano roof as well?