E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Searching for Down Pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Searching for Down Pipes

Gents,
I'm looking for 3" down pipes that attach from the turbos to the converter. I know Weistec has them for over $3K, which seems excessive to me.
Does anyone have another source you could recommend that has good product at a lesser price?
I'd appreciate any assistance on here or in PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 AM

ECS Supercharged C6 Corvette& 2012 E550 Coupe
The only company i have seen that has that is weistec. I remember when I was searching for the same I came across a few posts that said the pipes that attach to the turbos are fine for the power levels the car has with a stage 2 tune, upgraded turbos you will need to change them. I just went with the regular down pipes.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:32 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by zulumerc
The only company i have seen that has that is weistec. I remember when I was searching for the same I came across a few posts that said the pipes that attach to the turbos are fine for the power levels the car has with a stage 2 tune, upgraded turbos you will need to change them. I just went with the regular down pipes.
I have weistec downpipes and stage 2 eurocharged and I am very happy with the performance. I know it is more expensive but it is a "true downpipe" solution that goes direct to turbo so up to you. I am sure both options will provide nice gains either way so just comes down to what you want and what your budget is.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:07 PM

How was the install on the turbo side, do you have any pics of them installed?
Old 07-04-2015, 08:09 AM

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by zulumerc
Three questions:
1- did you notice any gains with the regular (mid) down pipes?
2- did you do with or without cats and main resonator?
3- if without, how was the sound?
Old 07-05-2015, 04:49 PM

1. Noticed gains for sure with the regular downpipes.

I have the kleeman catless dp on my car and yes you need to add the bigger center resonator back on the car and keep the stock mufflers or get the top speed pro exhaust (thats what i did).

I had 3 configurations catless dp back straight back to stock mufflers was too raspy at wot but sounded great under part throttle. I had the catless dp and stock resonator and stock mufflers had a little grunt but was muffled. Final setup catless dp to the top speed pro exhaust, sounded the best has a good rumble no rasp and wakes up when you get into the throttle. You can also hear the turbos a lot more