E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mercedes 350 cdi sport coupe sports mode error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 cdi sports coupe
Mercedes 350 cdi sport coupe sports mode error

Hi I've a 350 cdi sports coupe and when I start it all fine but I can be driving it and it goes into sports mode and I cannot switch it back to comfort mode but soon as I switch of engine and back on it knocks it of then might drive for 20 miles and same happen again any idea of the problem and how to solve it thanks

Johnny
Old 01-25-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Since it's intermittent, if you have a simple volt meter you might want to check the C/S mode switch to see if there is either a faulty / loose connection or the switch itself is faulty. Beyond that, you would have to have the electrical schematics to the car to know which relay might be faulty. Just a suggestion, if you're into troubleshooting the vehicle yourself. Doesn't sound like a major part failure, since you say the vehicle resets itself when re-started.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 cdi sports coupe
Originally Posted by PaulE550
Since it's intermittent, if you have a simple volt meter you might want to check the C/S mode switch to see if there is either a faulty / loose connection or the switch itself is faulty. Beyond that, you would have to have the electrical schematics to the car to know which relay might be faulty. Just a suggestion, if you're into troubleshooting the vehicle yourself. Doesn't sound like a major part failure, since you say the vehicle resets itself when re-started.
If I switch car of if it going into sports mode I can knock car off and switch works as it should but ever so often it stick in sports mode so can it still be switch or other problem and when it comes to electrics I stay clear I'll make things worse if I do something I shouldn't just thought someone might of had same problem and solved it thanks for advice

Johnny