E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E350 Cabo roof would not move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
E350 Cabo roof would not move

I post this in the hopes it helps someone else. I pulled my 2011 E350 Cabo into the car wash (hand wash) and when I pulled the roof raise switch...nothing. Not even an error message. Checked the trunk release and space doohickey and no problem there. Luckily I was close to my MB dealership so I brought it there for a look-see. No errors, no indication what was the problem... Turns out a small plastic ring (like a thick washer) had jammed the microswitch under the pin on one side of the roof locking/attachment in front. Problem solved! Have no idea what it was or where it came from. - Hillcreative
Old 01-14-2017, 10:28 PM
TAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"05 CLK320
Cabriolet rook not working

Your posting describing your inoperable cabriolet top sounds exactly like what has happened to my CLK cabriolet roof. I have posted a description to the CLK forum but have received no meaningful suggestions or corroborations. Your description is the first one that would appear to replicate my experience.

My mechanic, an experience MB dealer mechanic whom I have trusted and used for more than 20 years, has suggested that the problem might be tied to the electronic control system. I forget the name of the component ( notes are out in the car and it is raining) but I recall that the estimate for repairs exceeds $1K. I have deferred making the repair for the very reason of the expense associated with the repair.

How did your mechanic force the top open to in turn, find the jammed gasket? Any additional information, details that you care to share I would be most appreciative.

Thank you.

Tim
Old 01-14-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Sorry, no details to offer. Only that the mechanic found a piece of gasket material.