E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fxdesigncars fittment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550 c207
Fxdesigncars fittment

Hello members of MBworld forum, I just recently purchased my first Mercedes only because I got a deal I couldn't pass up on an e550 c207. I have had this car around 8 months now and I think it's time to start modding it. I'm looking to do some exterior modifications first as this car is plenty fast as it is, but will begin performance later this year. Anyways off to my question, has anyone got the Fxdesigncars wide body kit? It's $3k cheaper than pd850 and very similar in design knock off or not, and I emailed them asking about materials used and whether it's vacuum pressed or hand laid materials as both might be glass fiber reinforced plastics. I'm just curious about fittment and quality. Both wide body kits will require extensive body work anyways, but just wondering since I could save $3k and have a wide body, otherwise I might go with pd550 with hardly any bodywork. I've seen lots of threads about the prior designs, but can't seem to find much on the fxdesigncars
Old 01-24-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by JDScott
Hello members of MBworld forum, I just recently purchased my first Mercedes only because I got a deal I couldn't pass up on an e550 c207. I have had this car around 8 months now and I think it's time to start modding it. I'm looking to do some exterior modifications first as this car is plenty fast as it is, but will begin performance later this year. Anyways off to my question, has anyone got the Fxdesigncars wide body kit? It's $3k cheaper than pd850 and very similar in design knock off or not, and I emailed them asking about materials used and whether it's vacuum pressed or hand laid materials as both might be glass fiber reinforced plastics. I'm just curious about fittment and quality. Both wide body kits will require extensive body work anyways, but just wondering since I could save $3k and have a wide body, otherwise I might go with pd550 with hardly any bodywork. I've seen lots of threads about the prior designs, but can't seem to find much on the fxdesigncars
I have the pd850 and would say that it has its ups and downs in terms of fitment and final product and definitely a lot less work with the pd550. By going with the pd550 you will also minimize your down time because you don't have to worry about cutting your quarter panels and or having to modify your fender lining to fit the wider pieces.. With the PD850 you will also have to purchase a much wider wheel for front and rear. I am running 20x10.5 on the front and 20x12 at the rear. If you want more information feel free to contact me.