M102 Carb Treatment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W123
M102 Carb Treatment

Hi guys,
Does anybody know (the main root cause) why M102 engine on W123 which still use carburetor, the setting is keep on changing/ never stable in term of idle speed, acceleration, fuel consumption, etc. even it has been tuned to optimum setting already?
If you had experience with this type of engine, I'm sure you understand that it's not the engine is having unstable idle speed or bad acceleration but the engine won't keep the setting longer, sometimes we need to tune it back within less than a month to have its optimum setting (which actually already gained in previous month)
Feedback are most appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'84 Euro SEC '85 Euro 200T
Originally Posted by irawan
Hi guys,
Does anybody know (the main root cause) why M102 engine on W123 which still use carburetor, the setting is keep on changing/ never stable in term of idle speed, acceleration, fuel consumption, etc. even it has been tuned to optimum setting already?
If you had experience with this type of engine, I'm sure you understand that it's not the engine is having unstable idle speed or bad acceleration but the engine won't keep the setting longer, sometimes we need to tune it back within less than a month to have its optimum setting (which actually already gained in previous month)
Feedback are most appreciated. Thanks
The carburetor hates ETHANOL, if. non-ethanol is not available in your area dump a can of into the gas tank when you fill up and see if that helps.
That's what I do with my Euro 200T.