Replaced Starter Now No Power at All

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 Mercedes 300D Turbo
Talking Replaced Starter Now No Power at All

Gentleman (and ladies),

Replaced a starter on my 1984 Mercedes 300D Turbo (along with valve job and glow plugs). I had power through the valve job and glow plug replacement. We did a test fire and all is good. A failing intermittent solenoid caused us to replace the starter motor.

Zipped everything back together and no power anywhere. Not the dome light, head light, glow plug or radio. Notta zip zilch. Battery tests fine (local auto parts store) and has a kick when we took a chance to try and jump start the car. Nothing even after cables hook up.

No I have not pulled the starter to see if I cross wired something. Only electrical line not plugged back in is to the block heater (which I'm searching to see where that plugs in). Ground next to battery on passenger side tire looks good but I'll pull that and clean it tomorrow.

So as not to leave any doubt to anyone responding .... there is no power anywhere even the trunk light.

Questions, comments, concerns? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200D w123
test it that's the only advice I can give you disconnect the battery and measure all the cables start with the mass cable if you don't have power its likely a bad connection at one of your terminals or close to it.