E-Class (W123) 1976-1986: 240D, 280E, 300D, 300TD, 300CD

k Jetronic fuel distributor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 230e 1984 model w123 series
k Jetronic fuel distributor

My Mercedes Benz 230e w123 series floods.It start when the engine is cold but do not start when the engine is hot. The engine idle rough. and black smoke emerge from the exhaust. I check the WUR and found that the worm up plate inside is working.I also check the fuel distributor and found the distributor ports overflow when the pump is running. I turn the fuel ratio screw out and it still leaking through.
Any sugestions how to set the fuel distributor.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W202 C200 1998, W123 200 1982, W123 230E 1982
Originally Posted by Gatchacoubie
My Mercedes Benz 230e w123 series floods.It start when the engine is cold but do not start when the engine is hot. The engine idle rough. and black smoke emerge from the exhaust. I check the WUR and found that the worm up plate inside is working.I also check the fuel distributor and found the distributor ports overflow when the pump is running. I turn the fuel ratio screw out and it still leaking through.
Any sugestions how to set the fuel distributor.
It might be a sticking plunger that is connected to the fuel distributor head. Be very carefull and work in a clean environment if you decide to take it apart. They usually are indestructable. If you drive the cold engine untill it is hot, it drives fine? So only on starting the hot engine you experience the issue? I would look at the cold start injector.

Last edited by Laubscherc; 03-01-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 230e 1984 model w123 series
Gatchacoubie

Originally Posted by Laubscherc
It might be a sticking plunger that is connected to the fuel distributor head. Be very carefull and work in a clean environment if you decide to take it apart. They usually are indestructable. If you drive the cold engine untill it is hot, it drives fine? So only on starting the hot engine you experience the issue? I would look at the cold start injector.
Thank you Loubscherc.I will look at the cold start injector and replace it and take it from there and also look at the plunger in the distributor and will take your advice.