E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Idle air control valve 1993 300e 3.2L

Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430 v.8
Idle air control valve 1993 300e 3.2L

Need help on this Please!!!

Hi guys I think im close to solving the hesitation im getting on my 1993 300e 3.2L...Here is my question is there a Idle Air Control Valve on a 1993 300e 3.2L and if so where is it located I have read some post where they say there isn't one and then some say that there is one can someone set me straight and let me know if there is one and where it is located. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by dwalker; 03-31-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: No response
Old 04-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by dwalker
Need help on this Please!!!

Hi guys I think im close to solving the hesitation im getting on my 1993 300e 3.2L...Here is my question is there a Idle Air Control Valve on a 1993 300e 3.2L and if so where is it located I have read some post where they say there isn't one and then some say that there is one can someone set me straight and let me know if there is one and where it is located. Thank you in advance.
dwalker,

Your 1993 300E with the 3.2 Liter six-cylinder (M104) does have an idle control valve, although it is not an individual component on this engine. The throttle body and idle control valve are a complete assembly, called the Electronic Throttle Actuator, or sometimes simply the Throttle Body.

While this item can cause an erratic idle and driveability issues, replacement is not always necessary. Some things you may want to look at before buying a new Throttle Body are the condition of the engine wiring harness. The engine wiring harnesses on this generation of Mercedes-Benz engines are know for their biodegradable insulation. Over time, the insulation on the wires will become brittle and fall off, leading to shorts which can cause all sorts of issues with your car. If you need a replacement engine wiring harness, we have them on our site. You can get to them by clicking HERE, or by clicking on the photo of the engine wiring harness below.

The second thing you may want to inspect is the Over-Voltage Protection relay (OVP). This relay is located behind the battery in your car, and its failure will lead to erratic behavior in many electrical systems in your car, including the idle. If you need to replace your OVP, we have it available on our site HERE, or you can get to it by clicking on the photo below.

If you do need to replace your throttle body, we have that available, too. You can get to it by clicking HERE. Unfortunately, we do not have any photos of this item yet.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post or send a PM!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Remember that before you start to unnecessarily throw money at expensive parts---define the problem??? You use the on board diagnostic capability of your car to find out what is wrong----use a pulse counter to do that!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430 v.8
Got things running good but still have a question

The issue was bad boots on the coils car runs very smooth but about two weeks ago we had a heavy rain and ever since out of no where the car started runnning in limp mode from time to time not always but every once in a while....Now here is the weird thing if i pull over on the side of the road turn the car off wait a minute and try it again the car wont rev above 1500- 2000 rpm's .........wait for it ....now if i get out of the car open the hood and slam the hood shut car starts and revs no issue and off i go......I looked at the wiring harness dont see numbers on it but saw a silver label marked Delpi so thus my question would this be a upgraded harness I dont see any cracks etc a friend of mine said my problem might be a Throttle body actuator any thoughts.

Originally Posted by ECSTuning
dwalker,

Your 1993 300E with the 3.2 Liter six-cylinder (M104) does have an idle control valve, although it is not an individual component on this engine. The throttle body and idle control valve are a complete assembly, called the Electronic Throttle Actuator, or sometimes simply the Throttle Body.

While this item can cause an erratic idle and driveability issues, replacement is not always necessary. Some things you may want to look at before buying a new Throttle Body are the condition of the engine wiring harness. The engine wiring harnesses on this generation of Mercedes-Benz engines are know for their biodegradable insulation. Over time, the insulation on the wires will become brittle and fall off, leading to shorts which can cause all sorts of issues with your car. If you need a replacement engine wiring harness, we have them on our site. You can get to them by clicking HERE, or by clicking on the photo of the engine wiring harness below.

The second thing you may want to inspect is the Over-Voltage Protection relay (OVP). This relay is located behind the battery in your car, and its failure will lead to erratic behavior in many electrical systems in your car, including the idle. If you need to replace your OVP, we have it available on our site HERE, or you can get to it by clicking on the photo below.

If you do need to replace your throttle body, we have that available, too. You can get to it by clicking HERE. Unfortunately, we do not have any photos of this item yet.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post or send a PM!

Last edited by dwalker; 05-20-2014 at 03:48 PM.