E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

93 400e loss of power/dead cylinders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 400e
93 400e loss of power/dead cylinders

Hello everybody. New to this forum was hoping for some help with and issues I've had for a while... so I live in nyc I have a 1993 400e with about 185k received car with slight misfire and due for a tune up.. so I replaced the following: caps, rotors, both coils, wires, plugs and upper wiring harness. (Harness turnt to dust when replacing it) car still ran with slight missfire but still some what strong. So I pretty much let the car sit for the winter and now when I drive I have almost zero acceleration then car eventually stalls... One of my mechanic Co workers told me to try the motor electronics module and gave me a extra one he had... it made no diffrence.... so I put my old one back in. So my friend actually came by and checked it out , vacuum lines seems to be intact but when checking the injectors we found 4 cylinders on one side dead and 1 on the right side dead as well , we then checked for spark and found that it was receiving spark. So the cylinders with injectors 4,5,6,7,8 don't seem to receive power, I checked them with a multimeter found around a steady 13.8 to all injector connecters... sound the voltage be pulsing when checking? And has any experience doing this?