E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Tie Rod Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 - '94 E220
Tie Rod Replacement

I need to change the tie rods in my E220, I think im going to do it myself, so I need to order the parts, because car has failed to pass on the inspection, tie rods needs replacing, the shop checked the left side only, wiggled with the wheel, and it appeared that the tie rod ball joints need replacing, I have found the main supplier of the parts which all the shops order the parts from him.

Before I order the items i need to be 100% sure that the parts are the right ones, because supplier doesn't accept returns.

Now inspectors didn't check the right side, they only checked the left side, what do you say should I order both sides and forget about the ball joints ?

Im going to follow this precuder: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

Is there any hot tips i can follow ? also, I don't have a ball joint separator, wheather im going to rent one from somewhere (still donno who) or buy one if its not expensive, any ideas ?