E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

93 300TE The Revival

Old 07-15-2015, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 300TE
93 300TE The Revival

Happy to say I'm the proud new owner of a 93 300TE and I'm in love already. I've been sitting in it all day pressing buttons and turning knobs, some of which don't work, but hey there's nothing perfect in this world. I traded a beloved BMW K100RS for this car, sad to see it go, but I'm in need of a more family oriented vehicle. Now its got some more serious issues that I'm going to needs help with here and I hope I'm in the right place. To help my project along, hopefully I'll be picking up a 94 e320 wagon by the weekend for parts, particularly the interior and an extra set of rear springs if I botch the cut on the current ones.

As I remember, the pros of this buy are new self leveling actuators, new brakes all around, sport brakes, springs, and bilstein shocks up front, euro lights and corners, and AMG monoblocks minus 1...its cracked. Now the cons are numerous, but nothing I don't think I can handle or get handled, namely a bad motor. It runs, but blows white smoke and misfires. The coolant tank is empty so I'm assuming that either the head gasket went, or the cylinder is cracked. No fear though, the parts car has a good running motor that I'd be willing to freshen up and rebuild as apparently this 93 is a half year with an m104 in it already. Other than that, I'm trying to swap the interior in hopes that it will relieve my tired and broken switches throughout the car...
Here's a picture.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 300TE
Nobody? Well I checked out this crashed 94 wagon to see if I could use the motor... as far as I could see, the valve cover was broken and it had no oil in it... if I'm lucky, which I rarely am, I'd be swapping an oil pan and valve cover. If I'm not, then its junk. Are there enough parts to get my money back from the firewall back?