E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

ASR Light Constantly on Could bald tires cause this ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 mercedes e320
ASR Light Constantly on Could bald tires cause this ?

Hey guys I have a 94 e 320 that was driving fine for the most part until this asr light came on. It causes the car to drive very oddly. I push gas all the way to floor and there's almost like a retard and then it kicks in full blast. it also seems it revs all the way to the top of rpms so I have to press petal a certain way at certain high rpm so it shifts into the next gear. I have been forced to drive it like this for two weeks now.

currently the idle started to change when I first start the car. it used to be super smooth and stat at .5 now it starts at 2-3 and then drops finally and goes below .5 and cuts off. however if I rev the motor out a bit the rpms adjust and it idles fine without stalling. also if I just rev it and go quickly as soon as I turn it over it wont stall.

Im not sure what set this ASR light off and why its causing my car to drive very oddly but my tires ARE BALD AS CAN BE there practically slick and metal threads showing.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes, that is a possibility, however your car has many other engine problems--see a mechanic who will scan the car or go to night school to learn how to become one or sell the car to your xwife!!!!