E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

SLEEPER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211, Subaru Forester XT, Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
Thumbs up SLEEPER

To be honest, Supras, Mustangs, Corvetts, BMWs, and GTRs are fast.. Really fast for the matter. The thing is, they are expected to be fast. But, nothing brings a bigger smile to your face, than smoking these cars at a 60mph roll, in a car that you would imagine your grandmother would drive to church on sundays in... A straight up SLEEPER!!!!! Too many people under estimate mercedes in the tuning comunity. I think this is because the newer cars are becoming more like pre wrapped packages you cant touch atless you are a mercedes certified mechanic at a dealership (still beautiful cars though). I dont know if my statement is true about all over the world, but as far as i have seen in the U.S.A it is... Thats why i want to slap together a budget sleeper out of a w124 or w123, either will do. i am unfamiliar with Mercedes aftermarket parts venders also. SO, IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA'S TO BRING MB JUSTICE TO THE STREETS IN THE FORM OF A SLEEPER... OR ANY AFTERMARKET PARTS VENDORS TO HELP IN THE ENDEAVOR, LEAVE A COMMENT... I MEAN ANY IDEAS AT ALL, FROM ENGINE SWAPS TO WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLER PLACMENT IF NEEDED, PLEASE POST BELOW....
Old 05-24-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
94 E320 Coupe
One word Turbobandit...look it up if you dont already know.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:45 AM

thanks, and yes i have heard of them, i cant get their # to contact them though... i had questions about their exhaust manifolds. I heard you can buy an exhaust manifold adapter kit? I could be wrong. of course it would have to come from another i6 engine. Am also thinking if I'm running forced induction on a naturally asperated engine (Although that's what TB does and its proven), steel gaskets and head bolts might be necessary as a precaution. Any other ideas?????
Old 06-01-2016, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
http://turbobandit.com/Contact-us

Pumpish/Roman is very active on many sites. You should be able to get in contact with him easily.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Yes, that would probably be a good idea . I have been thinking the unthinkable lately and have been considering a VOLVO instead of a Mercedes. But, i shall stay on the path of the righteous. I like the common om606 swap in the w123 and w124, but sourcing a low mileage engine is near impossible in the states. Sort of at a wall, this isnt supposed to be a project to dump a crap ton on. I meant for this to be a budget sleeper to show that Mercedes can hang with the big boys.