E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Code 22 and Code 25.... together

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Code 22 and Code 25.... together

I have had to reset the ECU around 3 times in the past few monthes. Everytime it was for Code 22 (Cam Pos. Sensor) and Code 25 (knock sensor)together.

The weird thing is that whenever the CEL comes on, both codes will show up at the same time, never do they ever only show up one at a time. Does this point me to a wire harness problem, instead of a individual sensor problem?

After the reseting the ECU and clearing the codes, the CEL will stay off for a few weeks. Then suddenly it will come on under no apparent reason. Reset again, stay off for a few weeks, and come back on.

The car has had a hard start problem for over a year now, but it always starts just stumbles a little but after the start. It also seems to be stuttering slightly under hard acceleratoin. I hear no knocking or misfire, but it just seems like the engine loses power under hard acceleration, and the power comes back on again at higher revs, its not as severe as bucking, like a fuel cut off, but a more gradual lost of power.

Any ideas??

EDIT: This is for a 1994 E320 with the updated OVP.