E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Tele Aid Visit Workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 SL55 2022 GLE350
Tele Aid Visit Workshop

Does anyone know how to deactivate this goofy thing.Ever since i canceled tele aid this thing would show up (6 + yrs.)and the dealer wants to charge me to remove it.Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92 500sel/01 320e wag
I cancelled mine years ago, and never got a message, then I mistakenly hit the button and almost could not silence it. I removed the fuse and got an error message, that went away when I re-installed it.
With the analog cellular system shut down, I expected to get an error message, and inquired at the dealership. They informed me that they had recieved instructions on how to program it out, no discussion of a charge. I would call around to see what other dealers have to say, or call
1800formercedes and ask.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 E430 4MATIC
A little off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. I know that the analog teleaid is shut down, but if I use the MB Motorola V60s phone (which is digital) will Teleaid work in my 2002 W210?
If not will it at least function as a hands free digital cellular phone? The car was originally equiped with the cradle and voice command, but I didn't get the V60s with the car from the PO.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E430, Obsidian Black w. Ash/Orion Grey, 195,000 mi.
Originally Posted by Figuero
A little off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. I know that the analog teleaid is shut down, but if I use the MB Motorola V60s phone (which is digital) will Teleaid work in my 2002 W210?
If not will it at least function as a hands free digital cellular phone? The car was originally equiped with the cradle and voice command, but I didn't get the V60s with the car from the PO.
TeleAid is a separate system from the hands free integrated cell phone feature. TeleAid is like GM OnStar. That is, you can use it to call for help if you have an accident or breakdown and someone from Mercedes will summon aid for you. It will also sense when the air bag deploys and signal someone to call for help. The system monitors can know where to send help by locating the origin of the signal from your car. This would (did) work even if you are in a cell phone dead spot. TeleAid uses the little antenna on the roof. You could have TeleAid whether or not you have the integrated celll phone. TeleAid analogue was phased out in Feb. 2008 and for the service to work in an older car you must upgrade the system to digital signal. Mercedes has a kit for this but it's very expensive. You also have to pay the annual subscription fee to get the service.

The integrated cell phone feature is prewired into W210 but the phone system and cradle were an option. If the car did not come with a phone, the dealer will have to reprogram the fiber optic ring. To use a V60s phone, you need the MB branded phone, the proper cradle and the dual sense PSE module. Then you can get the phone activated by Verizon. When it's plugged into the cradle it works hands free through the cars audio system and the built in mike near the rear view mirror. You can dial the phone with the keypad on the radio head and pick up and hang up calls using the steering wheel controls. The radio automatically mutes when you make or receive a call. With voice control, you can speak the number and the system will dial the call for you. The phone uses audio system antenna in the rear bumper. It's all pretty cool.

Fred
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 E430 4MATIC
Thanks - I didn't realize that TeleAid was a separate system. I'm most interested in getting the cell phone working anyway. I'm not sure if the car was factory equiped with a cell phone, but I did check the Russian web site and I have Option Code 265. It reads "Installation parts kit and connecting cable harness for TEKADA BSA 31 s car phone with one set". I don't know if that's the pre-wiring or the whole car phone system.

There is a V60s cradle properly installed so I'm guessing that the car came from the factory with the phone option, or the PO had one installed by the dealer.

I guess I need to verify I have the proper PSE module - I've heard is somewhere near the CD changer in the left rear - Do you know how to get to it?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W220, W210 x 2, R170
cell phone program not required for me

My 1st 2001 wagon was totaled. It had the installed phone & voice activation. I kept the car and found another 2001 w/o a phone or voice recognition. I was able to swap the phone and voice system and they both work perfectly in the replacement vehicle. I did not have to have anything programmed. I use the original Verizon (Timeport / analog?) phone and it still works.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 AM

2001 E430, Obsidian Black w. Ash/Orion Grey, 195,000 mi.
Originally Posted by Figuero
Thanks - I didn't realize that TeleAid was a separate system. I'm most interested in getting the cell phone working anyway. I'm not sure if the car was factory equiped with a cell phone, but I did check the Russian web site and I have Option Code 265. It reads "Installation parts kit and connecting cable harness for TEKADA BSA 31 s car phone with one set". I don't know if that's the pre-wiring or the whole car phone system.

There is a V60s cradle properly installed so I'm guessing that the car came from the factory with the phone option, or the PO had one installed by the dealer.

I guess I need to verify I have the proper PSE module - I've heard is somewhere near the CD changer in the left rear - Do you know how to get to it?
The PSE module is behind the trunk liner just below the hinge on the drivers side to the front of the CD changer. If it has a blue label, it is the dual sense one. If you have a V60 cradle already installed in the armrest, chances are you have the right PSE as you need the dual sense for the V60s phone. Do you have the phone? If not, there's one currently for sale on Ebay.

Chances are if you have a currently activated Timeport phone, they won't shut it off but I doubt Verizon would newly activate one since they aren't 911 compliant.
Fred
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92 500sel/01 320e wag
Timeports are not digital, Verison has not shut down the system, but they will ! Tel Aid was outsourced to ATT, and needs a new (digital) transmitter, they went Analog so they could get better US wide service.
http://www.wireless4mb.com/
Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 AM

MB E-350 2006
Is there any one out there that can tell me how to get rid of that malfunction Tel Aid message. I'm willing to pay, It's that annoying.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:33 PM

MB E-350 2006
Originally Posted by frostymaywood
Is there any one out there that can tell me how to get rid of that malfunction Tel Aid message. I'm willing to pay, It's that annoying.
Took it to the dealer and they repaired it no more message. Didn't cost me anything. Just had to find the right mechanic. 7-30-09