E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Identify this Underhood Vacuum line please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
Identify this Underhood Vacuum line please

I have found a gray vacuum line that runs from the passenger side fender, along the front of the duo valves and then along the firewall under the insulation. It dead ends to nowhere with an open vacuum. I cannot for the life of me see anything that this line connected to. In the first pic you can see the line running towards the firewall away from the right duovalve.
Attached Thumbnails Identify this Underhood Vacuum line please-duovalve-routing.jpg   Identify this Underhood Vacuum line please-firewall.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Mine broke right before the duo valves. See pic for repair item, however I believe it runs right into your firewall right behind the MAF. I'll check for you later and snap a pic. Mine broke a few years ago. If I remember correctly its for your vents.

Armani

Originally Posted by Little
I have found a gray vacuum line that runs from the passenger side fender, along the front of the duo valves and then along the firewall under the insulation. It dead ends to nowhere with an open vacuum. I cannot for the life of me see anything that this line connected to. In the first pic you can see the line running towards the firewall away from the right duovalve.
Attached Thumbnails Identify this Underhood Vacuum line please-vent-pic.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
I actually found where it connects finally. I found a rubber vac hose that comes off the back of the upper intake that was just dangling and also the exact length and size needed to connect to the plastic one
Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Nice

Easy fix for you

Cheers

Originally Posted by Little
I actually found where it connects finally. I found a rubber vac hose that comes off the back of the upper intake that was just dangling and also the exact length and size needed to connect to the plastic one
Old 07-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S500 (W140)
Bro, could you please upload an photo where the hose actually connects to? I have exact the same problem, but I've look everywhere around the upper intake, but I can't seem to find the problem

My headlights aren't working now (hight adjusment). And the central locking system seems to fail so now and then...

A week ago I gave her an oil service. Since then, I accidentally pulled the hose out of its place while trying to get to the oil filter...

Hope anyone van help me... thnx in advance..