E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Engine went off when gear selected to D or R - Transmission Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 W210 year 2000
Engine went off when gear selected to D or R - Transmission Problem?

Hi Guys,

Please introduced my self, my name Herry and I ride E320 W210 year 2000, Automatic (triptronics-correct me if im wrong)

I have an problem with my car, it seems related with transmission, based on my mechanic type of the transmission is 722.6 (with triptronics).

My problem is...when I select into "D" or "R" and the break pedal pushed, the engine rpm dropping off, it cannot hold the RPM (it just like...when you are in manual transmission, you're not push the pedals whiles hit the break pedals till stop).

When the car is lifted then run the engine and the gear selected to D/R then have quick release on breaking pedal, the RPM is stabile, but there is a noise/sound from the torque converter chamber, in N position the sound is not as loud as on D/R position (the chamber between engine and transmission - converter and flywheel inside).

Till now we've tried many thing, from replacing the throttle engine, we already overhauled the transmission to see if a waste of metal friction inside, Valve Body - check and cleaned, also electric kit and torque converter - checked, it seems nothing wrong. We also replace with another torque converter but it not solve the problem.

Its frustrating, therefore kindly please share if you have experience and knowledge to resolve such issue.

Thank you and Best Regads
Herry
Old 01-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I believe that because the ECU manages the all repeat all the engine idle speed controls---you have a bad ECU. However to correctly confirm that you would need someone with DAS Xentry diagnose the car----without that diagnosis, my guess is that you have a faulty left frazet connected to whost coupling!! They are cheap and fleabay has thousands of them for sale.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 W210 year 2000
Transmission Solved, Another problem comes up

Originally Posted by Plutoe
I believe that because the ECU manages the all repeat all the engine idle speed controls---you have a bad ECU. However to correctly confirm that you would need someone with DAS Xentry diagnose the car----without that diagnosis, my guess is that you have a faulty left frazet connected to whost coupling!! They are cheap and fleabay has thousands of them for sale.
Thakns for your reply, however my problem with the transmission was solved.
After a few diagnosis, the problem was on my solenoid failure, then i have to replace those part, then my transmission back to normal.

But, now we facing another issue.
1. BAS, ESP & ABS warning cluster turned in on
2. When the engine running, suddenly off, its seem it happen intermittent. As far as i remember just now the engine off when I turn on my head lamp.

Some people said that it was related with breaklamp light swicth, but some pepole said this is related with relay box, etc.

Thus once again, kindly need your advice for those problem

Regars,
Herry