E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

P0455 gas light flashing gave me hard time any solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320
Post P0455 gas light flashing gave me hard time any solution

I have p0455 with gas light flashing after changing one gas cup and inspected the hoses I found 2 hoses goes to intake manifold was cracked replaced them and I changed the purge valve as well reset the code by obd2 and gas light flashing again I went back to the canister to see if there is any crack it's look good I cleaned the egr valve and reset the code and come back again but it says pending i have leak some where I noticed that I have leak in lock doors bumb is that could be the problem or something else I will take it to do smoke test but 100% there is no leak any suggestions otherwise i will burn this car it been 3 months with this issue iam not able to register it the car run perfect and there is no losing power pls help

MY Car E320 1999

Last edited by zaid khaled; 10-18-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Originally Posted by zaid khaled
I have p0455 with gas light flashing after changing one gas cup and inspected the hoses I found 2 hoses goes to intake manifold was cracked replaced them and I changed the purge valve as well reset the code by obd2 and gas light flashing again I went back to the canister to see if there is any crack it's look good I cleaned the egr valve and reset the code and come back again but it says pending i have leak some where I noticed that I have leak in lock doors bumb is that could be the problem or something else I will take it to do smoke test but 100% there is no leak any suggestions otherwise i will burn this car it been 3 months with this issue iam not able to register it the car run perfect and there is no losing power pls help
Your problem is further complicated because for your engine MB does not have a P0455 fault code,however it does have loads of P04xx emissions related fault codes that are recognized with the MB HHT and MB DAS Xentry.

All you are left to do is examine(you or professionals) the complete emissions system for faults---that is a very large job---the alternative is find someone with the MB diagnostic equipment and they will locate the issue in quick order--all you can do is check all your hoses

Watch out for the spraying and dismantling suggestions that's all spam!!
Old 10-18-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320
Ok in Order to find someone with MB diagnostic equipment very hard here in Canada Mississauga i was Looking for Someone to do smoke test I Called Mechanic He do emissions and repair i ask him do you have smoke machine he said what ??? lol idiot mechanic asked another Mechanic he said yes bring it when i arrived there he said go to this shop beside me i asked him for smoke test he said i don't have the machine omg ,, any suggestion rather than Mb dealer thanks