E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

GROUP BUY $140 SD scanner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
GROUP BUY $140 SD scanner

For years I've been searching for SD user-friendly scanner that would not cost me 4-digits. Few years back I bought Carsoft and regardless several tries on different computers - could not make it working.
I have degrees in mechanics, so no mistake - I am not software expert.
So when never-used Carsoft goes into the garbage, I found MaxiEcu scanner available in Poland.
Polish is my mother language, so making the buy was easy.
I got the scanner and tried it on our cars, what are 2004 and 2008 W211, while the scanner is not supporting my 1998 SL500.
You will find more reviews at http://mbmedic.com/forum/threads/maxiecu.167/
and if you are interested in buy, PM me with your direct email address.
The process will take about a month, but you don't have to pay till I am ready to ship from California, so once you pay - you will have scanner in just couple of days. For those who might hesitate to pay me directly, for few $ extra we can run it via ebay, what will give buyer some protection.
Coming to my impression
1. read the manufacturer description at http://maxiecu.com/learn-about-maxi-ecu,11,en.html
I found the program slow to use because you can not scan whole car at once, only go via single system at the time, but that should not be a problem for hobbyist.
2. $140 buys you wired interface, the program and licence for 1 car brand. I am not planning to get Bluetooth version at the time
3. you can buy additional brand licence for about $15
4. W210 and older car will need 38-pins adapter for about $15 more
5. the program will not have all the functions MB software has, but it is getting updated on regular basis, so new options keep on coming. For list of functions see http://maxiecu.com/lista,39,en.html
6. program works with USB plug with all computers having Windows XP till Windows 10
7. Software is pretty demanding and starting with fresh format HD and W XP I had to download SP3 and then automatic 140 updates before MaxiEcu work for me with all updates.
8. all the downloads are available in good English and Polish, while program has 8 languages to run.
9. If I could make the software working, everybody can, but it took me rereading some manuals to get the important point that were not highlighted.
10 you will need to be patient starting the program as licence keys are send only during normal business hours in Poland what is 9 hr forward to PST and Poland is having more holidays than US, so in my case I had to wait 3 days for the key

Last edited by kajtek1; 11-08-2016 at 01:37 PM.