E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Car kit Installation

Old 09-03-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Car kit Installation

I have purchased a hard install car kit for my car (97 E320), and was wondering if I could get some information on the factory phone system.

1) Wiring for the car's microphone, and speakers located in the dash near the side windows. Where can I tap into the mic and speakers? Can I tap into it from the connections in the armrest where the old analog phone was located? Does the mic and speaker wiring end up in the stereo unit?

2) I have seen the diagram before, but does anyone have the radio diagram which shows the pins of the stereo for power, mute, speakers, etc.

3) And any other info that you think would help.

Thanks alot,
MbMiller
Old 02-21-2005, 02:04 AM

factory phone replacement e320 1997

Hi,

sorry I won't be of much help here, but wonder if you made some progress.... I also would like to replace the (now useless) factory phone in my '97 E320. Are there any installtion kits you can recommend? How easy was the installation? Any insights very much welcome!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM

E320
I was able to replace the old analog phone system with my Samsung A670 & car kit. It worked great, because the E320's have the phone speakers & mic built in already. I put the phone cradle in the top compartment of the armrest. It looked really clean, but kinda annoying having to lift up the armrest each time to plug the phone into it's cradle, and then lift it open to see who was calling.

The first thing you need to do is determine what cell phone you have and cordinating phone kit. I happen to already have a Samsung (Verizon) so I needed to use the car kit made for it. I would recommend the Parrot CK3100 if you have a bluetooth phone. Because the Parrot Ck has a caller ID display with it. You wouldn't need to hook the phone into a cradle, you could just leave your phone in your pocket, and when you get a phone call .... it will mute your stereo and show on your lcd display who is calling (could put this lcd display in the ashtray unit). I wanted to do the bluetooth route, but the only phone Verizon has is the V710 (still real expensive, plus the Parrot is about $200). Go the bluetooth route if you can, the phone looks great in the armrest, but like I said .... real annoying opening, closing, opening the armest. Plus the bluetooth route has a caller Id screen, pretty sweet.

But anyway, if you decide to do it, just PM me, and I'll share with you the wire colors you'll need to know to tap into the back of your stereo, and where you can tap into the car's OEM mic. Dismantling the console to get to the stereo and running the wires to the armest wasn't too bad at all, the whole process took me about 2 hours, because finding the cars mic wire took forever.

Anyway, good luck .... and highly recommended, I love the handsfree.

MbMiller
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S-550, 2001 E-430 & 1997 E-420
1997 E420 - Wiring for the car's microphone, and speakers

MB miller, I am installing Sony Ericsson HCA 20 Handsfree kit in my 1997 E420 W210

Can you help me in the wiring. I want to use car's microphone, speakers and mute to my HCA 20 Sony Kit.

1) Wiring for the car's microphone, and speakers located in the dash near the side windows. Where can I tap into the mic and speakers? Can I tap into it from the connections in the armrest where the old analog phone was located? Does the mic and speaker wiring end up in the stereo unit?

Please reply to my e-mail hadam@verizon.net
Old 05-12-2006, 02:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Originally Posted by hadam
MB miller, I am installing Sony Ericsson HCA 20 Handsfree kit in my 1997 E420 W210

Can you help me in the wiring. I want to use car's microphone, speakers and mute to my HCA 20 Sony Kit.

Please reply to my e-mail hadam@verizon.net
please I want to know also!!! thanks~~~~~~~~~~~
aigorgor@yahoo.com
Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Help with a Parrot...

Hi first post here, newbie, but i have been reading here a while great! forum.

message for mbMiller, any chance you could email me too the info for the 'How to' on fitting an aftermarket kit to to the existing mic/speakers etc.

yours hoping..

miragelambo@gmail.com
Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 PM

E500
Could you please cc me on that email. Thanks!
gottimobile@gmail.com