E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-17-2015, 03:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Electrical System
Print Wikipost

Battery problem W211

Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,412 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
Lower Control Panel - 70 in diagram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LCP.pdf (90.4 KB, 1593 views)
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Lower Control Panel - 70 in diagram
Thank you!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500
Sorry for the rehash, but I'm trying to nip a problem in the bud. Less than a year ago, I replaced both main and auxiliary batteries due to age and forgetting to turn off my headlights and thereby draining the originals several times over. My 04 E500 is my daily driver, but recently, let it sit for a week as I was out of town at a conference. I came back to a dead battery. Took the battery to Autozone and had it replaced under warranty. New battery had a voltage of about 12.2v when I first installed it. Since then (early Sep), the battery voltage has dipped below 12v overnight; auxiliary battery maintains voltage. My first guess would be something is draining the battery, as it doesn't appear to hold a charge overnight. One thing that I should mention is that I had my airmatic suspension replaced with coilovers last year. Would the LCP continue to draw current without the airmatic system installed? Can I simply unplug the LCP? or remove a fuse for it?

Being that I never really left my car sitting around for more than a couple of days, I don't think I noticed the voltage drops until the recent battery drain. I intend to check to see whether my Alt/Regulator was checked previously or whether the BCM was updated or replaced. Also not ruling out possibility that battery replaced is bad.

Originally Posted by samho2009
Just wanted to thank you guys for some direction in narrowing down some potential issues that would cause my battery drain. Even though it took almost a year to figure this out (I wasn't overly stressed over this car), I finally think I solved it with a bad LCP. Everything you guys described I experienced, from coming out in the morning to a dead battery, to tracking a fully charged battery until it died. Sometimes it would work for a few days without drain, then one day it just drained. Today it would drain within like 15mins like a complete short. As I'm getting fed up with this problem, I already replaced the aux battery in the front (it needed it), the air pump relay (as some say this could be bad to drain the battery), the trunk battery is pretty new too. I went ahead and ordered the aux battery relay (which is on it's way not yet received) and today I received the LCP from a junk yard. The part# is 2118217158. I have a '03 E55AMG. My old one for a year now has been blinking and not holding a steady red indicator light 'on' for either Sport I and/or II. So yes, you guys mentioned it, it was suspect. The part came in, I replaced it, and the voltage of the battery is holding for hours now. Before on average the battery would be drained in 4-6hrs. Today was the worse...15mins! Anyways, my old LCP part# is 211-820-54-10 which looking it up doesn't even exist! Thanks guys! Hope this helps others out there because it's not so apparent this could do so much mischief!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
spinn check PM
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Bluetec 2007
Battery Charger Problems..

Hi I have a MB E320 Bluetec 2007 and have some Battery Charger problems.. Sometimes the car charges the battery and sometimes does not. I already change the voltage regulator and the alternator as well.. I want to know if this car has this auxiliary battery and where is it, to see if the relay of it is the problem. I left another quote from a w211 e220cdi because is something similar I think to my problem.. Thanks a lot for you help. EV

Originally Posted by AR.Shah
Hi I am new in this forum. I have a battery problem with my W211 E220CDI. If the car is left outside on the road for more than 10 hours (when parked inside there are no problems), the battery will be almost dead and the car will not be able to start because of insufficient power on the battery.
I have to jump-start the car every time. This problem started over 6 months ago (the car was still under warranty then).

Mercedes-Benz have spent more than 4 weeks trying to fix the problem, but with no results, they have changed the altenator once, the battery 8 times! Reprogrammed the car several times but still with no results. When they measure the battery power, everything seems normal, even after 5-6 hours. Their computer and the voltage-meter shows no malfunction.

I am getting very tired of this problem, because this is a total waste of my time and its also very frustrating , especially because I had to pay for everything myself the last 4 months.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Thanks
Old 11-13-2014, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 925 Likes on 717 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...2011-29-02.pdf
Old 11-13-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
W211 320CDI -04, W210 270CDI -01
Originally Posted by farman
Hi I have a MB E320 Bluetec 2007 and have some Battery Charger problems..
It's facelift, no dual battery....
Old 11-16-2014, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by farman
Hi I have a MB E320 Bluetec 2007 and have some Battery Charger problems.. Sometimes the car charges the battery and sometimes does not. I already change the voltage regulator and the alternator as well.. I want to know if this car has this auxiliary battery and where is it, to see if the relay of it is the problem. I left another quote from a w211 e220cdi because is something similar I think to my problem.. Thanks a lot for you help. EV
I have the same car/year from new however changed the battery this year. Previous battery was working fine but getting weaker, noticeable when starting on very cold mornings. No problems since. Why did you change regulator and alternator? Had these obviously gone bad?
Old 06-28-2015, 02:26 AM

MERCEDES BENZ E320
HELLO IM A M/B TECH I SEE ALOT ON THE W 211 THE TELE AID MODULE WAKES UP AT NIGHT AND KEEPS TRYING TO MAKE A CALL KEEPING THE CAN BUS AWAKE , ALSO NOTE WHEN THIS IS THE ISSUE THE MODULE IS VERY HOT.. WORTH A SHOT TO LOOK INTO , I UNPLUG THEM LOOP OUT THE MOST LINE SO THE RADIO STILL WORKS YOU WILL GET A SOS AND SRS MESSAGE CAUSE ITS UNPLUGED BUT IF IT STOPS THE DRAW U CAN EITHER REPLACE THE UNIT OR CODE TELE AID OUT
Old 06-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by PATTYBOYBENZ
HELLO IM A M/B TECH I SEE ALOT ON THE W 211 THE TELE AID MODULE WAKES UP AT NIGHT AND KEEPS TRYING TO MAKE A CALL KEEPING THE CAN BUS AWAKE , ALSO NOTE WHEN THIS IS THE ISSUE THE MODULE IS VERY HOT.. WORTH A SHOT TO LOOK INTO , I UNPLUG THEM LOOP OUT THE MOST LINE SO THE RADIO STILL WORKS YOU WILL GET A SOS AND SRS MESSAGE CAUSE ITS UNPLUGED BUT IF IT STOPS THE DRAW U CAN EITHER REPLACE THE UNIT OR CODE TELE AID OUT
DON"T YELL AT US!!!!

But yeah sort of common issue and if you have a nice dealer can be done for free in just a few minutes. Sadly many dealers charge for one hour for any sds work.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
On Porsches we had a problem with the relay that controlled the windows and other items until the key was out and doors not opened. This relay would stick in the closed position and drain the battery. Try opening your door and see if the windows will go up and down with engine shut off after it has been started. Just a thought new to this site.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
Originally Posted by PATTYBOYBENZ

can someone explain to me what Pattyboybenz is saying? "Loop out the most line?" and where is teh module to see if it's hot?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,412 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
Teleaid module located in tray, under floor panel behind spare wheel, bypass it by using MOST bridge part # 0005454484.
Attached Thumbnails Battery problem W211-capture.jpg   Battery problem W211-capture2.jpg  
Old 03-10-2018, 03:42 AM

W211
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Teleaid module located in tray, under floor panel behind spare wheel, bypass it by using MOST bridge part # 0005454484.
Where can I buy this most bridge part? Also thanks for the w211 recall listing. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to check my vin. This car is a nightmare. I've read almost every thread in here and nothing has worked. My battery keeps dying. I want to sell it but at this point if I can't figure it out, ill have to grab a large tool and get my moneys worth making a youtube video of my taking my anger out on it. I just want my daily driver back
Old 03-10-2018, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Put an 'A' in front of the part number, and its available from Mercedes dealer. I don't know where you are, but if in UK, if you have an old Tracker (security tracking device) on it then its quite probably that - but you have to find it !
R