E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless Go = Keyless Woe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 10:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
‘22 S500
Angry Keyless Go = Keyless Woe

Yep, from day one, my E500's Keyless go system did not work. Has been in two separate times, this last installment for three full days. Still does not work. This time they managed to cause the M-B phone to stop working. Worked perfectly before. Separately, the Continental tires wobbled from day one. Brought that in . . . they balanced the tires . . .still wobbles but at the time of completion the car pulled to the right. Must've knocked the alignment out. Guess they wanted to add that to the mix. Brought it back and the dealership put Michelin Z rated sports on my non sport E. No shimmey yet, but pulls terrifically to the right. Don't they test drive these cars before releasing them? Not happy. For openers: Keyless Go should've been Keyless No. Now I have Keyless Woe. The solution for starters should be Keyless Dough. Mercedes Benz of San Diego. Nice people, good people, service-oriented people - but I have "nice" in other places. Peter
Old 09-20-2002, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
oo man, sorry to hear about all your problems, but san diego should take good care of you.....they have good servce
Old 09-21-2002, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I believe that all these problem very minor and should be fixed. Actually, I can notice that new E class has all problems of old E class. Tell us what is good in your car, are seat comfortable? is handling terrific? does it accelerate as hell? What is your impression about materials quality? Are controls in right place? How's sound good?
Old 09-21-2002, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDI Elegance auto
I think that that is the problem with buying a car that has just been released. There is a lot of new technology on the new E and I think it will take a couple of years for all the teething troubles to be sorted in production. As this is their biggest selling car and that German taxi drivers drive them maybe issues will be resolved quicker.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:47 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Test drives

To answer your question, yes each new Mercedes is test driven. When I was in Sindelfingen in August I watched new E Class after new E Class being driven on the test circuit. Of course this is a brief drive and not all problems are going to surface before the cars are loaded onto the railcars (for export) or carr carrier trucks (for European deliveries).

Peter- do you still have your SL500 and the new CLK? Having driven all three (to include the new E) which is your favorite?
Old 09-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Abe

2003 S430 4matic, 1966 230 SL, 2002 911 Turbo, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2003 Range Rover , 2001 BMW 330Ci
Peter:
Sorry to hear about your problems. I know how frustrating it is with a new car. My E500 had the same problems with the tires and the drifting to the right. The dealer replaced all four tires with different Continentals (I wish I had gotten Michelins). I did not get the keyless go. And as far as the phone is concerned, I got the V60. I am disappointed with the phone operation as you have to keep the audio system on to place a call and access the phone book. You cannot use the steering wheel controls to place a phone call with the audio system in the off position. But you can receive a phone call! Go figure, I never experienced this with other integrated phones I had in several BMW's. Ironically, the audio and phone manuals do not state you have to have the audio system on. Called MBUSA tech support and told them, they said they will make a note of the discrepency in the manual.
I think this issue could be rectified with a software upgrade. I do not see why the audio system should have any bearing on using the hands free phone. I would be curious to know what has been your experience with the V60 phone in you car. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:54 AM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
On the V60, our new SL has the same situation of needing the audio system on. I think it is related to the integration of the voice activation into the rest of the functions. For example, we can use the voice activation to change radio stations, select CDs, etc. as well as dial the phone, etc. All you have to do on the SL is push the "mute" button and the phone button and the only visual and sound is the phone. I do not know if the same is true of the non-voice recognition V60 but it might be as the set up is probably the same.