E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Windshield Wiper Problem - Only One Side Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Windshield Wiper Problem - Only One Side Working

I was driving to work today with and put on the windshield wipers since it was raining. Halfway through my commute, the passenger side wiper stopped working for no apparent reason while the driver side wiper continued to work. What is the right way to go about fixing this problem?

I replaced the changeover/heater control valve this past weekend, so I'm not sure if I might have tweaked something while I was working on that part. The windshield wipers worked fine the last two days though . . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by deimos
I was driving to work today with and put on the windshield wipers since it was raining. Halfway through my commute, the passenger side wiper stopped working for no apparent reason while the driver side wiper continued to work. What is the right way to go about fixing this problem?

I replaced the changeover/heater control valve this past weekend, so I'm not sure if I might have tweaked something while I was working on that part. The windshield wipers worked fine the last two days though . . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Go back and check out the wiper linkage and see if anything is loose or rubbing/hitting on other parts. When I did my changeover valve, I took the entire wipe assembly off for better access to the valve and made sure the wipers worked properly before I sealed everything up.

Regards,
paul...