E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help! ESP Inoperative

Old 07-21-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550
W221, 2007 S550 ESP Inoperavie See Oper. Manual

Hope this helps. I received the following display message
"ESP Inoperative See Oper. Manual" and I would like to share what I did.

My car just had service done outside of the dealership. After my service, my car was slightly out of alignment. Once I aligned my car, the light came off by the time I drove away from the alignment facility.

For those that don't need alignment, check your tire pressures. Is your car pulling its weight favorably to a side?

I've noticed that the sensors on these cars are delicate and any slight change in conditions will cause a trigger.

I hope my experience helps.

Cheers,

Last edited by jcvasquez; 07-21-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:57 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz e350
Originally Posted by cgcedisto
Although it seems like the control module in the steering column is a common cause, I've also seen the ESP warning message and other warning messages as result of low voltage from the battery at startup. I've also seen the car go into limp home mode as result of low startup voltage. As explained to me by my maintenance manager, low battery voltage at startup can cause the various computer components/sensors to not synch up properly, causing phantom warning messages/limp home behavior. That's why turning the car off then restarting can clear the messages. A new battery fixed the problem with phantom error messages at startup for me.
hello, my car died on me last night so I got a battery charger had it charged over night, next morning I went start the car, it started right back up, at first it started revving by itself at idle, it would go up to 2k rpm than drops down and goes up again. Weird thing is I tried to run it in the neighborhood just to see everything was ok, than the esp inoperable message came on along with the engine check light, car could only goes to max of 20mph... I turned around parked back in my garage, searching different forums for help. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
​​​
Old 06-29-2017, 01:59 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz e350
Same issue

Originally Posted by cgcedisto
Although it seems like the control module in the steering column is a common cause, I've also seen the ESP warning message and other warning messages as result of low voltage from the battery at startup. I've also seen the car go into limp home mode as result of low startup voltage. As explained to me by my maintenance manager, low battery voltage at startup can cause the various computer components/sensors to not synch up properly, causing phantom warning messages/limp home behavior. That's why turning the car off then restarting can clear the messages. A new battery fixed the problem with phantom error messages at startup for me.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 clk55
On my 08 I’m getting esp and check engine light throwing code for throttle position sensor c.