Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sponsored by : Autohaus AZ
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
ekm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morris County NJ
Posts: 42
Drives: 2006 E320 CDI, 2008 GL320
SRS Light on...how to troubleshoot

After 45K miles of no problems with my 06 CDI (other than tranny switch leak), my first issue with my car. Upon start up this morning, the SRS light comes on and displays a message on the speedo screen (service required or something like that). I shut the car off and go out and then restarted but same issue. Any way to reset this? Or how to troubleshoot this issue.

BTW...great car w Diesel power.
Thanks,
Ed
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

ekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
konigstiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,926
Drives: '71 Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekm View Post
Any way to reset this? Or how to troubleshoot this issue.
Dealer needs to check it. May be DTB P-B-91.60/99d JUN07 SRS light illuminated, install Steering Control Module (SCM) repair harness/replace airbag line to SCM.
__________________

konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hillsborough, CA
Posts: 33
Drives: E320
Quote:
Originally Posted by konigstiger View Post
Dealer needs to check it. May be DTB P-B-91.60/99d JUN07 SRS light illuminated, install Steering Control Module (SCM) repair harness/replace airbag line to SCM.
Hi Konigstiger,
What does "DTB P-B-91.60/99d JUN07 SRS light illuminated" mean?
Does that mean that this is a TSB and the dealer needs to fix it, even if the car is out or warranty?
I have this problem and the dealer said it would cost me $800 to fix.
He mentioned the SCM repair harness etc.
I told him that I would think it over.
What should I do?
Will this render my SRS nonfunctional?
thanks
dochou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Polar Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,193
Drives: W211 E320 CDI, W221 S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochou View Post
Hi Konigstiger,
What does "DTB P-B-91.60/99d JUN07 SRS light illuminated" mean?
Does that mean that this is a TSB and the dealer needs to fix it, even if the car is out or warranty?
I have this problem and the dealer said it would cost me $800 to fix.
He mentioned the SCM repair harness etc.
I told him that I would think it over.
What should I do?
Will this render my SRS nonfunctional?
thanks
The connector going to the steering wheel is damaged and needs to be extended. Unfortunately the problem will not go away and would probably cause at least your driver air bag to not deploy in an accident.

This unfortunately is not a recall but a DTB. It would be covered under the factory warranty or most extended warranties, but not covered if the vehicles it not under any type of warranty.

http://www.theworkshopmb.com/Thework...SRSlighton.pdf
__________________
Mercedes vehicles I have owned - underline equals still have-
1982 300D Turbo Diesel
1983 300D Turbo Diesel
1990 190E 2.6
1999 E55 AMG
2001 E55 AMG
2005 E320 CDI
2008 S600

Others-
1987 Buick Grand National x2
1987 Buick Turbo T
1987 Mustang LX 5.0
1994 Ford F150[/I]
1996 Ford Explorer 5.0
1996 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6
1985 Corvette
1992 Corvette ZR-1
1997 Corvette
2002 Ford Thunderbird roadster
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: denmark
Posts: 17
Drives: 220 cdi w211 2002
mine did the same . it was a broken wire under the driver seat . there are a plug with serveral wires in one off them broke off when the mech pulled it . he he just soldet it together and now all is normal again
morten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hillsborough, CA
Posts: 33
Drives: E320
So it's a known problem to MB but they will not fix it if out of warranty? Sucks!
I am out of warranty. So what should I do?
Can I fix it myself?
Can I take it somewhere else, besides the stealership? and an have an experienced mechanic fix it?
Thanks.
dochou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
konigstiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,926
Drives: '71 Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochou View Post
So it's a known problem to MB but they will not fix it if out of warranty? Sucks! I am out of warranty. So what should I do? Can I fix it myself?
Can I take it somewhere else, besides the stealership? and an have an experienced mechanic fix it? Thanks.
PM your email address and I will send a copy of the DTB inclusive of repair procedure. Then you can decide to repair it yourself, use an independent, or attempt a goodwill repair from MBUSA (not dealer) arguing factory routing of SCM harness caused the malfunction may be tough sell though.
__________________

konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
Drives: e320
can I also have a copy of this DTB repair proceedure please, same problem on a 2003 e320 cdi
mark palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Drives: e320,e300
could you also send a copy of this DTB repair procedure please, same problem on a 2000 e320
mbaumgarthuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 67
Drives: 06 E350
the link posted above (#4) still works:

http://www.theworkshopmb.com/Thework...SRSlighton.pdf
jdupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vettdvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,181
Drives: 03 E500 and Corvette
FYI I had a heavy book on my pass seat and it gave the SSR alarm. Moving the book cleared the alarm.
vettdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
walter34payton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 56
Drives: 2006 e350
Is this a problem with all W211 or is it typically on the CDI models? I have a 2006 E350 still under warranty and am curious if I need to keep this in mind.
walter34payton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 119
Drives: E320 CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by konigstiger View Post
Dealer needs to check it. May be DTB P-B-91.60/99d JUN07 SRS light illuminated, install Steering Control Module (SCM) repair harness/replace airbag line to SCM.
hi konigstiger... can you please send it to my email? thanks a bunch. I think your DTB is newer than the link posted here.
crazypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Drives: E500
SRS light came on after battery change

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigstiger View Post
PM your email address and I will send a copy of the DTB inclusive of repair procedure. Then you can decide to repair it yourself, use an independent, or attempt a goodwill repair from MBUSA (not dealer) arguing factory routing of SCM harness caused the malfunction may be tough sell though.
Hi konigstiger. This is an old post but I'm looking for a DIY guide to help me resolve my SRS issue on my 2003 E500. Could you send me a copy of this DTB repair procedure please?

My SRS light went on after a battery change. I was trying to find a power drain, which I did eventually, it was my AGW and I took the fuse out to fix the issue. I recently had the SRS fault code reset by my friend who has a body shop and a STAR scanner. The code went away for 10 minutes then came back again. If you have other suggestions please let me know. Thank you!!
madaniann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Drives: E500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaniann View Post
Hi konigstiger. This is an old post but I'm looking for a DIY guide to help me resolve my SRS issue on my 2003 E500. Could you send me a copy of this DTB repair procedure please?

My SRS light went on after a battery change. I was trying to find a power drain, which I did eventually, it was my AGW and I took the fuse out to fix the issue. I recently had the SRS fault code reset by my friend who has a body shop and a STAR scanner. The code went away for 10 minutes then came back again. If you have other suggestions please let me know. Thank you!!
I figured out why the SRS light is on. I had removed the AGW fuse because I have a battery drain from the audio system, this causes the SRS light to come on. The light goes away when I put the fuse back in. Now I need to figure out how to fix the drain. I saw a post about a relay workaround for this problem buy there is no DIY for it.
madaniann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2006, 2007, 500, benz, cls, cls500, e320, e350, light, mercedes, message, pb916099d, reset, srs, w211



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details