E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 Mercedes Benz E350 radio troubles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Bens E350 4Matic
2008 Mercedes Benz E350 radio troubles

Ok, so I've searched the forums and can't find much about my issue but similar issues have been found on other models. So I recently just purchased this vehicle. The only issue is the radio is not communicating with the vehicle's ignition so I have to manually turn on and off the radio every time I start or turn off the car. The steering wheel controls don't work for the radio and I can't access the CD-Changer. The display windows on the dashboard for the Audio and Navi just dashes. So basically the radio is in auxiliary mode where it prompts me to turn on the ignition every 30 minutes before shutting off. The previous owner said he had an amp and sub installed by a crappy shop and the radio has started acting up ever since. It powers up fine and there's sound as well. I took the radio out to inspect the wiring but it looks alright, there was some electrical tape on two of the wires but no odd wire taps or anything. Also at night when I turn off the radio all of the radio button illumination turns off as well. If I replace the radio will this solve the issue or is it something else like the agw? If it helps its the command unit with the harmon kardon sound system.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Bens E350 4Matic
Ok so I went into the trunk on the drivers side and started digging around. I found a CAN plug (I believe this is a CAN plug) it’s a blue plug with a brown and a brown/pink wire. I took some pics. It’s kind of just dangling by what I believe is the amp. I can’t find the female end/wire that it’s supposed to plug into. Can someone take a pic and help me trace where this little guy plugs into?