W211 2004: I've Comand and Nokia 6310 phone. It's located in factory build gradle in teh arm rest. My problem is that the MB built-in microphone does not (anymore) work while using handsfree functionality. However the handsfree speakers are working perfectly. But the opponent can't hear my speak.
- Speakers are working fine and I can hear the opponent.
- The actual mobile phone works fine while using it separately.
- The built-in microphone does not work with inbound nor outbound calls.
- This is odd when using non-handsfree: When I pick up the phone with and cradle and the whisted wire and I speak the opponent can hear me perfectly but I can hardly hear anything.
What is my problem?
Should I reset the system somehow? By removing a fuse temporarily? Which fuse?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!
This is what I did:
1. I removed the black plastic cover plate behing the rear seats.
2. There were three electronic boxes.
3. I disconnected/connected the orange wire and the bus wire in middle box --> No help.
4. I disconnected/connected the orange wire and the bus wire in left box --> WORKS !!!
Finally I do not know what action during the steps 3. and 4. did the trick but now my handfree microphone works fine.
... VelluPekka. I have the same problem with the same model year W211, so your post gave me hope. I located the electric connection underneath the rear seat and reset them, but it did not bring my microphone back to life. But, for your posting effort, "paljon kiitos".