Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sponsored by : Autohaus AZ
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #1

Drives: 04 e320
Replacing Fuel Filter

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone here has replaced their fuel filter before. I have a 04 E320 and it is time to replace the fuel filter. I need some pointers and information. I read some where online that the filter is in the gas tank. Also, if anyone can recommend a place for a original Mercedes Fuel filter online I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '71 Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone here has replaced their fuel filter before. I have a 04 E320 and it is time to replace the fuel filter. I need some pointers and information. I read some where online that the filter is in the gas tank. Also, if anyone can recommend a place for a original Mercedes Fuel filter online I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
PM email address and I will forward instruction sheets along with part #s & online pricing.

konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #3

Drives: WDBUF65J04A415791
Send a message via AIM to jpasley69 Send a message via MSN to jpasley69 Send a message via Yahoo to jpasley69 Send a message via Skype™ to jpasley69

Hello
I too am in need of information on changing my own Fuel Filter on my 2004 E320. This may sound basic but I still haven't figured out how to lift the rear seat. I don't want to tear anything up. I am fully capable of doing the job I just need some information on MBz either Pictures or any information on this procedure. I have had a hard time finding a Fuel filter on any of the parts supplier’s websites that I use. Even the Mercedes Benz Genuine Parts catalogue online doesn't list a Fuel Filter.
jpasley69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #4

Drives: All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
OMG

SEARCH this forum!!!!!!!!!
jimbo1mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to jpasley69 Send a message via MSN to jpasley69 Send a message via Yahoo to jpasley69 Send a message via Skype™ to jpasley69
Still searching not finding what I need. Can you give me a link to the actual forum talking about changing the fuel filter. I know were it is located but that is the extent of what I have read. Oh yeah! Mine is not a CDI. How do you remove the rear seat? Where do you purchase the fuel filter? Auto Zone sold me the same fuel filter that my 2002 C240 takes. From what I read and there not the same filter.

Outside of the OMG offer me some assistance Thank you very much.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #6

Drives: 03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpasley69 View Post
Still searching not finding what I need. Can you give me a link to the actual forum talking about changing the fuel filter. I know were it is located but that is the extent of what I have read. Oh yeah! Mine is not a CDI. How do you remove the rear seat? Where do you purchase the fuel filter? Auto Zone sold me the same fuel filter that my 2002 C240 takes. From what I read and there not the same filter.

Outside of the OMG offer me some assistance Thank you very much.
You'll need to get the replacement filter from the dealer -- I never found it online when I did mine. As far as the seat goes, the seat bottoms lift up and you need to access the tank from the driver's side for the filter and the passenger side for the fuel pump (they have to connect -- both electrically and mechanically). See Konigstiger's post above for the procedure.

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #7

Thank you.

Thank you Paulv for your response. When you say that the seat lift up from the bottom do I need to push in and lift up or just strong arm the bottom of the seat.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #8

Drives: 04 e320
I'm not sure that all the seats would flip up. The ones that flip up for sure are the "optional fold-down back seat"
Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #9

Drives: 04 e320 4matic wagon
hi,
I am new here, also need to replace fuel filter can anyone help

thanks
rommelle63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM

Tags
2005, benz, cdi, change, e320, filter, fuel, gas, located, locating, mercedes, replace, replacing, tank, w211