E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How do I change low beam bulb 2003 E320?

Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I change low beam bulb 2003 E320?

Any suggestions you might have will be appreciated. When I opened the hood, the work area looked very crowded and I didn't know where to start (already bought the bulb).

The only other time I ever changed a head light bulb was in a 1987 260E.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203-4M W163
Originally Posted by RudolphsOwner
Any suggestions you might have will be appreciated. When I opened the hood, the work area looked very crowded and I didn't know where to start (already bought the bulb).

The only other time I ever changed a head light bulb was in a 1987 260E.

Thanks.
You can sign up to MBUSA and should be able to get immediate access to the manual if it wasn't included with the car. Here's the manual I found online:

http://pdfservicemanual.com/automoti...nual-e320-e500

You're right, it's a bit cramped in there, but with the owners manual instructions, you'll be able to change those bulbs within minutes. First time is a little tricky figuring it out (it's tight), but once you've done it, it just couldn't be easier.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E320
It's somewhat easy to change out the low beam H7 bulb -- I say "somewhat" because there's not much room to work in. Looking at the light assemblies from inside the engine compartment, you'll see a round plastic cover. This cover twists off so you can access the bulb. Push the bracket (holding the bulb) slightly inward, then twist about a quarter turn and the wire connector, bracket and bulb will come out. Replace the bulb and install in reverse order.

Driver side is little tough because not much room however you can remove coolant reservoir by taking two screws out and just moving it little and it should be pretty easy after that.

Make sure you dont touch glass when installing new light bulbs because oil from hands can destroy light bulb i recommend using gloves.

U may need to adjust your lights after install. When i replaced my lights i didnt see any improvement until i adjusted them. I am using PIAA extreme white