E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The wait won't be long....

And yes, check the UPS charts - looks like you may be a residential address at that rate. There is no rate for less than 1lb, so it goes at 1lb rate, plus insurance, plus .75 cents. UPS charges MUCH less to business addresses FYI.

We can ship via USPS, but we have to hand deliver those about 10 miles away to the PO and wait in a very long line (as they no longer allow us to drop in the bin locally for security reasons) - so that is not any cheaper.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Originally Posted by Cartronics

And yes, check the UPS charts - looks like you may be a residential address at that rate. There is no rate for less than 1lb, so it goes at 1lb rate, plus insurance, plus .75 cents. UPS charges MUCH less to business addresses FYI.

We can ship via USPS, but we have to hand deliver those about 10 miles away to the PO and wait in a very long line (as they no longer allow us to drop in the bin locally for security reasons) - so that is not any cheaper.
I wont argue about shipping... Waiting for the sale...
Old 01-05-2012, 01:22 PM

GL450

So after all this UPS talk I just got an email regarding the shipment and its being sent via USPS. The USPS rate for a package from your zip code to my is 6 + .75 cents ? its still half of what I paid for shipping... so where is fair now?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You should be getting a refund for the difference at card posting tonight. UPS was not able to deliver in a timely manner to several addresses today due to some service hub delays. In this case it was better to go USPS.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I did check and all of them did get a rebate on applicable shipping change. You did receive $6.10 rebate.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:03 PM

GL450
I did check and all of them did get a rebate on applicable shipping change. You did receive $6.10 rebate.
Very nice have to check my CC, but very nice, good service !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 PM

GL450
Very disappointed, I guess really not ment to be....

Installed in my 2012 GL 450 and its just stuck on "Activating Device, Please Wait" and thats it nothing comes up . If I connect my iPhone 4S it works fine, when I had the MIP it also worked, so not sure whats wrong with the Anystream or why its doing it, but I got 2 of them and they both doing the same thing. My friend will be trying in his BMW monday to see if it works for him....

Very disappointed, do not know what else to do to get the Bluetooth streaming working, thats the only option I`m missing
Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The problem is some of the iPod interface kits that Mercedes uses in the newer cars ARE NOT Apple certified at all. For instance, some of the non-certified interfaces won't work with the iPad either. This does not effect ALL 2012 GL's either. Some DO have an interface that could be certified (although Mercedes has not applied to get it certified). The older MB have certified interfaces and all work well.... this only effect SOME of the newer cars.
We have gone from car to car at our local MB dealer and find that about 15% of the cars have non-compliant interfaces. We test both with an Anystream and iPad to ferret them out.

This is why we offer the 100% money back guarantee if you find that you have one of these cases. The StereoStream WILL WORK in these cars, and has the same circuitry that the Anystream has. It also has a car power AND rechargeable power option included.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:56 PM

GL450
The problem is some of the iPod interface kits that Mercedes uses in the newer cars ARE NOT Apple certified at all. For instance, some of the non-certified interfaces won't work with the iPad either. This does not effect ALL 2012 GL's either. Some DO have an interface that could be certified (although Mercedes has not applied to get it certified). The older MB have certified interfaces and all work well.... this only effect SOME of the newer cars.
We have gone from car to car at our local MB dealer and find that about 15% of the cars have non-compliant interfaces. We test both with an Anystream and iPad to ferret them out.

This is why we offer the 100% money back guarantee if you find that you have one of these cases. The StereoStream WILL WORK in these cars, and has the same circuitry that the Anystream has. It also has a car power AND rechargeable power option included.
Thanks for the extremely fast reply. I just ran to the car with my iPad 2 and it works fine, but both anystreams do not....

Is it my cable ? The cable has the label b67824578...

Where is StereoStream will get the car power ? I`m really considering going back to MIP but it`s $200 more then anystream... and I dont want to spend $50 in shipping back and forth and still end up buying MIP.....
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The fact the iPad works is highly unusual, but not unheard of. MB has come up with more than 20 cable part numbers to try and resolve compatibility issues in the 2010-2012 cars. Like I said before, about 15% of the newer MB are effected.
The StereoStream gets power from the power outlet in your glove box (or can be charged too)
It costs less than a dollar to mail back an Anystream in the US Mail should you decide to do that.
Try the Anystream at home and in other cars you have access to just to satisfy yourself on its function. Most docks, stereos, etc are fully compatible, just a scant few are not.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM

GL450
The fact the iPad works is highly unusual, but not unheard of. MB has come up with more than 20 cable part numbers to try and resolve compatibility issues in the 2010-2012 cars. Like I said before, about 15% of the newer MB are effected.
The StereoStream gets power from the power outlet in your glove box (or can be charged too)
It costs less than a dollar to mail back an Anystream in the US Mail should you decide to do that.
Try the Anystream at home and in other cars you have access to just to satisfy yourself on its function. Most docks, stereos, etc are fully compatible, just a scant few are not.
I don't think I have power outlet in glovebox, and running wires from The dash defeats the whole purpose. And charging is not something that I will do. If I will try a different cable this might take some time, how long do I have for a return ?

My friend will try both units in his car Monday night, so I'll let know how that goes.

I had very high hopes for this unit very high hopes, I really can't beleve that I fall in 15%. Also the fact that iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone 3GS and both iOS4.3 and iOS 5 and 5.0.1 all work makes it even harder . But I do understand how this might not work.

I do have 1 more question, if I get a USB cable and use that with anystream, will that make a difference ?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

That will be a glaring example of how messed up the MB interface can be.... if you take your iPod and use the normal USB cable with it... IT WON'T WORK IN THE MERCEDES USB INTERFACE!!! That is REALLY screwed up. Even the USB is non-standard therefore in the MB.
So the Anystream will work with the Apple Composite V cable, powered via USB and plugged into the AUX in the Mercedes.
For Mercedes that don't have the Cigarette in the glove box, with very little effort, one can be wired in so still no wires outside the glovebox - just FYI. Also the StereoStream is powered via USB.

You have a month on the return of the Anystream (not strictly enforced) - as we want to help you any way we can. We have sold several thousand now, and had about 50 or so returned... so the compatibility issue is fairly rare.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 AM

GL450
That will be a glaring example of how messed up the MB interface can be.... if you take your iPod and use the normal USB cable with it... IT WON'T WORK IN THE MERCEDES USB INTERFACE!!! That is REALLY screwed up. Even the USB is non-standard therefore in the MB.
So the Anystream will work with the Apple Composite V cable, powered via USB and plugged into the AUX in the Mercedes.
For Mercedes that don't have the Cigarette in the glove box, with very little effort, one can be wired in so still no wires outside the glovebox - just FYI. Also the StereoStream is powered via USB.

You have a month on the return of the Anystream (not strictly enforced) - as we want to help you any way we can. We have sold several thousand now, and had about 50 or so returned... so the compatibility issue is fairly rare.

A little confused about your statement for
Anystream will work with the Apple Composite V cable
Also for this

For Mercedes that don't have the Cigarette in the glove box, with very little effort, one can be wired in so still no wires outside the glovebox - just FYI.
Where can I see an example ? I want to see how its done, my is a leased car so not too much modifications....
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I have a Land Rover that only has an Aux in... so I use the Apple Composite Video cable that has Aux, Video, and USB - I use the USB to power the cable (which powers the Anystream) and then use the Aux to put music into my LR sound system. It would work this way in any car, including Mercedes.

There is not a write up on putting an Cigar lighter in the glove box, but it is simply power and ground and can be easily wired to the regular cigarette lighter (hidden of course) and is quickly removed if necessary. We do it for customers all the time for $30 including the parts and labor. Takes about 10-15 min.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM

GL450
I have a Land Rover that only has an Aux in... so I use the Apple Composite Video cable that has Aux, Video, and USB - I use the USB to power the cable (which powers the Anystream) and then use the Aux to put music into my LR sound system. It would work this way in any car, including Mercedes.

There is not a write up on putting an Cigar lighter in the glove box, but it is simply power and ground and can be easily wired to the regular cigarette lighter (hidden of course) and is quickly removed if necessary. We do it for customers all the time for $30 including the parts and labor. Takes about 10-15 min.
OH I see what you mean, plugin the AV cable in to USB, power the AnyStream and then use like the R or L out to the AUX port on the Y cable from the MB.

This will work if I can get power in the glovebox... I guess I can try before that. I do have a generic Apple AV cable I can test with for now....
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It MUST be an AV cable that has the AAC chip in it. You can test this with an iPhone - if it tries to send a Youtube video out the cable, instead of the iPhone screen, then it does have the AAC chip in it. Some cheap generic cables do not have this chip.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM

GL450
It MUST be an AV cable that has the AAC chip in it. You can test this with an iPhone - if it tries to send a Youtube video out the cable, instead of the iPhone screen, then it does have the AAC chip in it. Some cheap generic cables do not have this chip.
Not sure if it has the AAC chip in it or not, I guess will find out tonight. I was going to give my friend both of the AnyStreams to test, but I guess now I`ll take one back home to try... I dont have a dock or know anyone with a dock to test the anystream generically anywhere else...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have people using them in boats, cars of all types, restaurants, bars, offices and of course home.
For example, I have an old Sony stereo in a workout room with an iPod connector on it, now I can be on the stair stepper with my iPhone listening to Pandora and using the stereo. I have one in just about every family members car. It can breath new life into older equipment, and new uses for retired stuff. We have one customer (a famous guy too!) that has purchased TEN of them. He bought one, then quickly ordered 9 more.
It is unfortunate that my favorite car company (Mercedes Benz) has produced a few deviant iPod adapters in the last couple of years.... hopefully they have weeded those out of production. It is quite ironic, that ALL the pre-2010 interfaces are perfect.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM

GL450
We have people using them in boats, cars of all types, restaurants, bars, offices and of course home.
For example, I have an old Sony stereo in a workout room with an iPod connector on it, now I can be on the stair stepper with my iPhone listening to Pandora and using the stereo. I have one in just about every family members car. It can breath new life into older equipment, and new uses for retired stuff. We have one customer (a famous guy too!) that has purchased TEN of them. He bought one, then quickly ordered 9 more.
It is unfortunate that my favorite car company (Mercedes Benz) has produced a few deviant iPod adapters in the last couple of years.... hopefully they have weeded those out of production. It is quite ironic, that ALL the pre-2010 interfaces are perfect.
Ok my friend just tried both in his BMW and pretty much same issue, the phone pairs with the anystream but cars dock doesnt recognize anystream as a device
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

That seems very odd, we have had zero BMW problem reports. What year is his BMW? Is it a factory iPod interface or aftermarket? Have you tried it in a non-automotive application anywhere? Pioneer car stereo, Kenwood? Home stereo? Speaker docks? The only speaker dock it does not work with is the Bowers and Wilkins Zepplin.
Would it be possible for you or your friend to call in to support? Like I said earlier, we have had a grand total of 61 returned (counted today) out of about 2100 sold due to compatibility issues. We can also escalate a trouble ticket directly through our website.

Last edited by Cartronics; 01-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM

GL450
That seems very odd, we have had zero BMW problem reports. What year is his BMW? Is it a factory iPod interface or aftermarket? Have you tried it in a non-automotive application anywhere? Pioneer car stereo, Kenwood? Home stereo? Speaker docks? The only speaker dock it does not work with is the Bowers and Wilkins Zepplin.
Would it be possible for you or your friend to call in to support? Like I said earlier, we have had a grand total of 61 returned (counted today) out of about 2100 returned due to compatibility issues. We can also escalate a trouble ticket directly through our website.

We can both call tomorrow, I didnt test anywhere yet just 2 cars
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I would like this to go to senior support (they don't look at this site often), so please submit an email too through our site, and they can help you resolve it.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM

GL450
I would like this to go to senior support (they don't look at this site often), so please submit an email too through our site, and they can help you resolve it.

Sure will do tomorrow ehen have all details
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 AM

GL450
OK sent an email to support, we will also call in later, just for record here its a 2005 BMW 545 with a iPod Dock.

Interesting I tried to connect to PC to see if anything is recognized and we get nothing... this is on a MAC or PC.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Yeah, a PC or Mac is not an iPod playback device, so that won't work (other than to power it up). I think Scott has responded to you already via email.
As a note that could be part of the confusion, there was not a factory iPod dock option in a 2005 BMW. It must have an aftermarket unit in it. I do a lot of work personally with BMW and know the system very well. If we can find out what it has in it, that may give us a solution.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver