E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A207
ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Has anybody used ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver for streaming Music via iPod Interface Kit in the Glove box?

I have a 2008 E550 and trying to stream music wireless to the car speaker using Iphone.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Our Anystream works for sure
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM

A207
Is it expensive?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

not at all.... check our website for prices. We don't publish them in the forums due to the post lasting for years and prices and specs change all the time. Just click on http://www.cartronics.com
Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 PM

A207
It's double the price!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Not double at all, I think it is $20 more. However, you know the deal - you get what you pay for. We tried all these dongles before making our own, as it is easier and faster to buy than invent.... it did not work properly for automotive applications at all. Mercedes in particular has certain requirements. The only MB we could get it work on was the very first Aux/iPod interface for older cars.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:55 PM

A207
Well, it says 79+12 s&H as compared to 45 and free S&H.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I can not justify their price. Only to say $45 plus free shipping for something that does not work well is $45 wasted where I come from. Personally I would spend whatever it took to have a solid product with phone support, warranty, etc for something I really wanted. Our Mercedes Benz cost tens of thousands more than economy cars... So taking a chance to save such small amounts does not make much much sense to me. However, I have and MLD100 I would sell you for $35 if you want it... But it won't work. Like I said, we tested it and it is really only for speakers...as their ad states.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM

A207
I am assuming your product has warranty and return policy? I see you are in Atlanta, can I pick it up?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Full warranty and money back guarantee. We have only found one system it will not work in so far, and are working on that to eliminate it. Yes you can pick up, or sometimes easier for us to deliver in Atlanta... As we are the techs for Mercedes of Buckhead and RBM and Hennesey. Our shop is only staffed when we have direct work... otherwise we are traveling between dealerships all day doing installs for them.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 PM

A207
Let me what day and time will be best for pickup. I am available anytime.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:07 PM

A207
I can also pickup from RBM if you prefer
Old 06-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Just call the shop if you are in Buckhead M-F 9am - 4pm near Phipps Plaza. If someone is in they can get you one, or we can just drop one in the local mail for free (local mail is free).
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 PM

A207
I appreciate if you could please send me the phone #
Old 06-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It is available at the top of every page of our site...but I can also post it here... 678-528-3443. We prefer people always refer to the site, as prices, products, features, etc are changing every single day. But the phone number is always the same
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM

A207
Cost: 79.00
Shipping:12.34 (zip - 30062)
Total: 91.34

Can I pickup from RBM? You mentioned if someone is in they can get you one, or we can just drop one in the local mail for free (local mail is free).
Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

RBM does not carry the module yet (They waiting on a larger quantity to come in later this month). It would not be appropriate for us to conduct business on their property while we are doing work for them. If you order by phone, local mailing is free. If you order online, it is going to calculate shipping automatically.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:15 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

However, as we explained to e_coup, elsewhere in these forums, several reviewers with the EXACT same car... it is working perfectly. This highlights the problem with some cars like a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes has continually come out with new part numbers AND software updates for the iPod systems in the cars... why? Because they are not always Apple compliant. If you will visit Mercedes Benz factory website, you will find many updates available for the cars. This is why we give several solutions to this problem. The Anystream is 100% compliant. e_coup, If you went and purchased a $800 iPad, it would not work in your car either without the updates or cables mentioned. So it is caveat emptor, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is because your car needs the updates or proper cables to work. One must be willing to take the steps necessary to bring the car into compliance with Apples specifications if you wish to use an iPad, Anystream, or future iOS5 device (as the new Apple iPhone operating system coming out next month won't work in your car either).
Within the cable kit part number we give on our site listed above is a USB cable. When used with the USB cable and any iPod cable that contains the AAC (Apple Authentication Chip), it forces a non Apple compliant system to be compliant. It is a simple solution to a compatibility problem.
However, like we said before, other reviewers on this site have the same car, same year, same cable, and it works fine. It is because they have different software in the car, and it is compliant. It can be a complicated matter to understand, but there are easy solutions to the problem.
PLUS, the Anystream does come with a 100% money back guarantee should you decide to try it and not want to take the steps necessary should it not work. Even in Cyprus, the ANystream only weighs 1 ounce (28 grams), and can be put in a normal letter and mailed back for very little cost. You can recover your investment should you want to. For the record, only 3 Anystreams have ever been returned (with a little over 500 sold so far) - and 98% of those have been sold in the US where they can be returned for under 50 cents.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM

E coupe
I tried to edit the original post but cant so I have to quote instead.

NOTE: fwiw cartronics.com are "good people" - even after my negative review and after some back/forth with them - they are still responding to my questions. I believe their 100% money back guarantee. I understand that many people have had success with this product. I'm in the process of trying to source an apple usb cable 'with authentication chip' (the apple store won't deliver to my country and not sure that the ones on ebay/amazon have the 'apple authentication chip' built in which is what I need). If I get my hands on one and try it out I'll post back here.

Originally Posted by e_coup

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 PM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
Originally Posted by e_coup

your 2012 e coupe should already have the ngt 4.5 headunit in and should already have the ability to stream music / address book etc from your iphone / pod ? . unless you didnt get that option
Old 12-18-2011, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500
I bought this bluetooth receiver for the 3.5mm audio input in my 04 E500 glovebox. I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Crisp clean sound streaming from my Android (Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy S2). For $33, sure beats having to fork out money for the iPOD integration kit.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:17 AM

GL450
So does any one have experiences with the ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver ? Seems like a cheaper alternative to the AnyStream ? Shipping kind of kills the whole deal..
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We did try it and others before designing the Anystream, and it can not be legally sold in the US because it is not FCC certified. It took 3 tries to get one to us, the first two were stopped at the border. Unfortunately for our development time, it was not compatible with much of anything.... so we had to start from scratch (but gave us the opportunity to add some great sound processing).
Shipping on the Anystream is actual cost from Atlanta, insured, plus .75 cents. We will be having a sale VERY soon (hint hint) - for people signed up on our site. Many people do not know that shipping rates JUMPED very high in October.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 AM

GL450
Originally Posted by Cartronics
We did try it and others before designing the Anystream, and it can not be legally sold in the US because it is not FCC certified. It took 3 tries to get one to us, the first two were stopped at the border. Unfortunately for our development time, it was not compatible with much of anything.... so we had to start from scratch (but gave us the opportunity to add some great sound processing).
Shipping on the Anystream is actual cost from Atlanta, insured, plus .75 cents. We will be having a sale VERY soon (hint hint) - for people signed up on our site. Many people do not know that shipping rates JUMPED very high in October.
Hey Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. But I really dont think that a less then a pound package costs $12 to ship from Atlanta to NY. Even with new high rates. I appreciate letting us know about the sale, I did sign up for the site to watch the sale, we need to purchase 2 of this things and I rather buy it from you, but dont want to wait too long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ML-D100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver